my jeep is driving me crazy!!!

I feel for you on the heater core, I HATE having to do heater cores. I buy old beaters for wood hauling and I can get pretty crude do them. The right socket isn't that expensive and is near universal. your local auto store might loan one out. 5 to 12 at wally mart.

Or take it to a little neighborhood muffler shop. Probably have it out in ten minutes for ten dollars.

Stop using wd40 and use some Kroil. let it sit. When heat it and it will come right out. and def cut the wire on the old one. Way easier.

That or a flare wrench and BFH

don't use any lube it won't help.get it red hot and it will come out if not you will need to
replaced the pipe or have new bung welded in,most good exhaust shops can do this cheeper the a new pipe,if you do get it out you will need to run a tap in it to fix the treads,( I used to do this a few time a week at work befor I got hurt).

don't use any lube it won't help.get it red hot and it will come out if not you will need to
replaced the pipe or have new bung welded in,most good exhaust shops can do this cheeper the a new pipe,if you do get it out you will need to run a tap in it to fix the treads,( I used to do this a few time a week at work befor I got hurt).

Every used Kroil? It will change your perspective on using penetrating oils.

Yes I have it is good stuff,but penetrating oil can't help melted treads the o2 sensors
get so hot that the treads melt(weld )themselfs together. I wish there was a product that would help.

Yes I have it is good stuff,but penetrating oil can't help melted treads the o2 sensors
get so hot that the treads melt(weld )themselfs together. I wish there was a product that would help.

Well they have not really welding themselves together(requires way more heat and other factors than are available in this application), but I know what you are trying to say.

Tech the built up of rust on both parts has desegregated the amount of remaining thread and interlocked them, thus when you do break them free the threads are no longer there. In most cases this only occurs at the first few threads, and once removed a new one can still be installed.

Long gone are the days of a $20 muffler shop fix.

Well its fixed. It cost me $200 to get my ac recharged, new o2 sensor swapped and a sensor. The one from AutoZone was to long and wouldn't go in. I thought that the shop was full of crap when he called me but I checked and the new one is 1/2in shorter. Now it needs tires just waiting for black friday Farm n Fleet has a buy 3 get 1 free sale. Going to install Cooper Discovery at3's. I have them on my truck and love them.

Back