My turn at a single carb conversion...bs-34

CDNTX650

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
After more fuck-aroundery today with the single points set-up i ordered a pamco for my 74....i decided while in there i would try the spare joe-wiseguy 2 into 1 i had for my new motor and rebuilt bs-34 i have kicking around (with xsjohns needle)....

Ill let you all know how it works out in the next day or two.

well, i installed the pamco, (what a great product for the money) and tried to use the 2-1 intake on my close to stock 74....no go unless you use a vm, the bs34 is to short and wide and hits the battery box. Will work fine for my build though as the battery and box will be way smaller.

Aw sucks to hear it didn't work out. I was waiting on your results for my 74. I've been going back and forth with the idea of 1 carb

i think tee-cat found the best way as far as 2-1. lots of very well logged info in his thread.

angus, thanks for the plug, though I had an awful lot of help from people who are far smarter than I. Still, it did work out nicely. CD, consider the VM. All of my fuel delivery headaches evaporated into thin air the day I got the single dialed in.

TC

you may have gotten alot of help, but all the info is still there, regardless of were it came from. and dont discredit yourself like that. you were the one turning the wrench.

The Bs-34's i have on my 74 are completely rebuilt right from bodies up. So no problems really...just wanted to try it. I have run my new motor with single bs-34 and it ran nice on the stand so far. Cant wait for some real world though.

Back