My xs...81 motor on a 2012 paughco 30 degree rack frame.upgraded pamco ignition and

ram287129

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1439699752469.jpguploadfromtaptalk1439700293619.jpg

Has pamco upgraded ignition and chargeing system..makuni 38mm carbs jetted..so many new parts..mikes xs caliper..braided brake line.. new fork seals..hugh"s handbuilt..riser bushings..new wheel bearings..in the process of buffing engine covers..have a oil cooler from the extension depot..not installed yet..i will post more pics when its done...

Ohh..yeah forgot to mention..its alot of fun to ride..and its loud ...loud.. loud ..and low to the ground..runs like a beast..just wired in my l.e.d.turn signals..relay..and a small turn signal switch...

Well i picked up another xs650 bobber...with a coffen gas tank..that will probably be sold....

Hi ram,
ooh!
Nice lookin' bike.
Got that engine case shinin' like an outhouse door on a frosty mornin'.
I'd suggest some kinda forkbrace to lessen the wibbly-wobblies you get when you remove the front fender.
And something to add a little backpressure to the exhaust.
Loud is good but open drains is a bitch to tune.

Hi ram,
ooh!
Nice lookin' bike.
I'd suggest some kinda forkbrace to lessen the wibbly-wobblies you get when you remove the front fender.
Just picked it up....uploadfromtaptalk1442255925964.jpguploadfromtaptalk1442255959375.jpg

Thanks ..it took a couple of winters now almost done ...working on polishing it all up now..i was thinking maybe getting it painted up..or just leave the flat black look..i dont knw..

Gloss black tins n fenders with bright aluminum and chrome is pretty tough to beat! No matter tho, it sure looks like you have the ability and knowledge to finish that thing out! I'm still hammerin' away at mine, for SOME reason finances keep blocking my dream! So, it's slow goin' and I end up building most of my odds n ends versus buying them. I went with a 6in stretch 3 in drop Factory Metal Works hardtail, then raked the frame neck out to 35 Degree's so I'm about 8 inches over stock length. Love em lower and leaner! Good LUCK!

Nice ..yeah the paughco frame is at the highest point from the ground to the frame just above 3 3/4 inches ..i have to take big curbs on a angle..

Hi ram,
ooh!
Nice lookin' bike.
I had seen mike's xs has a chrome fender brace ..for 69.00..hugh's hand built has one for 125.00 plus shipping. That seems to high for a forkbrace...

Back