Need a bit of guidance wiring tail light

Tyler34t5p6

UWANT12
Reaction score
May have been discussed in the past however I have not been able to pin point it. But I purchased this Sparto tail light from a member here and I'm very happy with it however after looking at the wiring I have a few questions. The bike is a stock 82 heritage special. If anyone could help clarifying what wires hook up to what I'd appreciate it. I have looked through some diagrams but would rather ask before going at it. I do believe these are self grounded units. Take a look at the pics and any help would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Having trouble posting from my phone. The Sparto tail light has 2 wires red and black.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
you have to figure out wich of the two wires are what. one is the running light(dim) the other is brake light(bright)

The stock yellow is the brake light And blue is tail light. Black is ground? Thanks for the reply I'll go check it now.

Blue, yellow and black coming out of the wiring harness. Attach the black ground wire from the harness to one of the mounting bolts of the tail light, then determine which wire, red and black, from the tail light goes to which wire of the harness, blue and yellow, to work the brake light and the running light.....

Back