Need a disk rear mag measurement

The southbend.
20171121_155905.jpg
20171121_155931.jpg

Khanson know whatcha mean, while snooping a local salvage place for a possible table for the griz saw a huge old lathe, 50's 60's vintage maybe just sittin' outside, rusting away. See em on cragslist too, often for less than scrap price.
The Grizzly that just sold, think I'm going to plant the bigger one on that bench.
DSCN8445.JPG

Just gotta get it UP there.

Last edited:
Good thing you got rid of that 9x22. I hear that they chew up half nuts...
The guy that bought it rescued a bigger lathe that was going to be scrapped so he needed this lathe to make parts for that lathe, said it was missing some hand wheels and such, then was going to resell it. I did nose around and saw generally good reviews for that G0602, lots of DIY improvements. The G4003 came with an extra set of brass half nuts new in the bag. hmm Haven't looked into if they are for this lathe or heard any rumors yet. Still debating the best way to lift that monster up on the higher bench. Right now it's looking like a floor jack and wood blocking til I can slide it over. That or take it out to the driveway and use the skid steer. But the higher bench doesn't have wheels.

Finally decided on a "for now fix" for the stand issue. Just a couple of wood pedestals, jacked up the lathe and stand it was on and slid them under. There is a fairly heavy welded steel frame inside that cabinet.
Drum roll please..

20171122_172824.jpg

I made chips, it's fun! whoop whoop! Just an aluminum rotor spacer to put an FZR rotor on the star wheel it all went well, and the list for "more lathe stuff" has been started, LOL

Back