Wanted - need a regulator 83 650

I got a complete setup TCI/REG-REC-STATOR-COIL-ROTOR
Used it for my test motors $200.00 shipped
or if you just want REG/REC $45.00 shipped

im hoping the reg ill all i need. when i hook volt meter up to my battery and i rev to 3000 rpms it only goes to 12.08 volts?

Mikey have you gone through the charging troubleshooting guide in the tech section? Just hoping it's this or that will disappoint you every time. Start with a fully charged tested battery, then check fuses, BRUSHES and wire connections everywhere BEFORE you start buying parts.

Mike did you check all the parts first. I had one that the Rotor was bad and had week charging. It checked out to 4 ohms but was bad. I would say the same as gary check before you throw parts at it. Its just tough when you have no spares to compare . Does the battery go dead after riding it or is it that it only has week voltage.

i have checked the rotor with a volt meter. its good. battery tested its good. put on new brushes. Cleaned the rotor. not sure how to check the regulator. but i was told if your volts are not going up then they are not being regulated properly. really frustrating. i can charge the battery and ride it for about a day or so before it dies. and ill put on about 40-50 miles on in that time.

Does your reg/rec look like this and if so I can send you one to test and if it works you pay me for it if it doesn't solve your problem you send it back on your nickel. I have done this with other members and it helps if you have a part to test with. I just did this with a TCI and it was not the problem it was his coil and I am sending him a coil to try.
Just pm me your address if you are interested.
Rich

Attachments

• 2013-07-22 12.10.52.jpg
    2013-07-22 12.10.52.jpg
    291.2 KB · Views: 129
From the Curly's guide and first post in the above thread.

3. On the solid state regulator models all you need to do is locate the green wire at the regulator plug and make a jump from it to ground. That bypasses the regulator and allows full battery current to flow through the brushes out of the rotor through the green wire to ground. That causes the rotor to make a stronger magnetic field which in turn causes more current to flow in the stator. If your battery terminal charge voltage jumps up to 14.5VDC when you rev the engine then the regulator or the ground connection for the regulator is your problem.

That's verbatim from Curly's but may have left out that even if jumping the green doesn't bring bring up full voltage it could still be a rectifier issue.

Back