Need a wide, 21" Heritage wheel

crazyorigin

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I am looking into options for something around a 3" wide, 21" Heritage 64 spoke front wheel to use as a rear wheel on a project. Online searches haven't turned up much along the lines of someone being able to make me a custom wheel. If anyone knows a company that could make me a custom wheel like that, please let me know.

I have been thinking if I can't get one made, perhaps a savvy aluminum fabricator could help me to make 2 or 3 rims into one wider wheel by cutting out the center section of 9 e and welding on the outer portions of other rims to make it wider, but not sure how it would work with runout.

Any input would be appreciated, aside from leave it stock.

You could use a Harley wheel . Just have to make a spacer for the sprocket. Disk will work but need offset for sprocket and really not much. You could have a machine shop make a 1/2 inch spacer and that should make the chain pass the tire. I have seen many guys use front wheel on back. You can get a new 21" from AMERICAN CLASSIC for around $140.00. They are in PA I buy a lot from them good guys.

Hi Guys,
AFAIK all stock XS front wheels are 19" not 21"
One could use a stock 64 spoke hub, get the appropriate spokes from Buchanans and troll the net for a 21" dia 3" wide 64 spoke aluminum rim.
I don't see doing a Frankenstein on 3 separate rims as making anything other than a lumpy mess.

I have a couple 21" Heritage front wheels from mikesxs. The trouble is the 64 spoke heritage wheel is not a traditional pattern, I think it's called a double cross or something along those lines. The dimples in a regular wheel will be different from the Heritage 64 spoke pattern. I want to stick with the Yamaha hubs, if I can't I will just use the 18" 48 spoke heritage wheel and hub setup I have but I would really like to try to pull off a wider 21"rear Heritage wheel.

Back