Need advice! Help!

ObiWonKaTobey

XS650 Awesome Member
Reaction score
My love and I have been separated by a recent move. I have relocated to Wilmington, NC, but my sweetheart is still in a friend's garage in NY. I have a tight budget... any ideas on ways to transport my XS?

I towed a BSA A-65 across two states by making a mount from two pieces of angle iron bolted to my rear Toyota Celica Supra bumper. The angle was drilled to match the front axle. I spaced a pvc pipe between th forks and angle. I used two straps to keep the bike steady. It works great. P.S. front wheel is removed. Good luck.

I towed a BSA A-65 across two states by making a mount from two pieces of angle iron bolted to my rear Toyota Celica Supra bumper. The angle was drilled to match the front axle. I spaced a pvc pipe between th forks and angle. I used two straps to keep the bike steady. It works great. P.S. front wheel is removed. Good luck.

I recommend removing the drive chain before towing a bike on its rear wheel because while not probable it is possible for a hard bump to bounce the bike into 1st or 2nd gear and way overspeed the engine. Other than that, that is a perfectly acceptable way of towing any motorcycle.

I've also seen adapters that cradle the front tire and hook to a trailer hitch.

These are great suggestions. Thanks guys! I particularly like the towing idea, as for riding, Im not 100% she would make it here, but it might be worth a shot.

My love and I have been separated by a recent move. I have relocated to Wilmington, NC, but my sweetheart is still in a friend's garage in NY. I have a tight budget... any ideas on ways to transport my XS?

join a vehicle recovery company and tell them it broke down and get it recovered 'home' to Wilmington . We bought a car recently which had a broken fuel pump so we joined the RAC for $10 a month and got the car towed home 100 miles for free:thumbsup::D

you could try some of the local haulage companies. They are always looking for stuff at their delivery destinations to haul back to the depot rather than return empty

OK Guys hers the way i do it all the time and was just in wilmington over the weekend but this time i had a suv not a van.
ENTERPRISE!!!!!!!!
Cost you around $60.00 a day NO MILES!!!!!!
I was in SC last month and picked up a buddys Harley and it was $130.00 for two days plus gas. I am not going back down to my sons until Nov and i might be taking him his bike BUT i am in NJ SOUTH SOUTH. So if you don't get it down by then i may have room .
I use to do what i called the GILLIANS Tour and do 5 states picking up bikes i bought and never cost me more than $400.00. I just had a SUV put 1500 miles on it had it for 6 days and it was $505.00
ENTERPRISE CHEAPCHEAP!!!! Cost more to fly!

Back