Photography/Picture, how to/best, or any pic/Drone thread

650Skull

Cockytoo
Top Contributor
Reaction score
I love my Photography. Managed to take a few good ones, (my opinion), and many mediocre to bad ones a well.

Thought it would be nice to see what other people have done, any photo of interest good bad or ugly. The only stipulation i ask is, to post in this thread it has to be taken by yourself. some of you guys are into drones. Getting some still shots from the movie would be interesting. Experience on handling and problems associated with droning.

Discussion revolving around equipment used, any technical experience, using editing programs, cropping and composing a pic or software used

So lets see them. Can be anything, a trip campfire, scenery, your bike or any bike, architecture, garden, hell even a pebble on the road if it takes/has taken your interest

Here are a couple to start off. My previous camera, a Panasonic DMC-FZ5, 6.5 megapixel would take reasonable low light photos. I used to walk the beach every morning to wake up and take the dog for his/our daily exercise before work. Loved to capture the sunrise over/ around dunk Island.

In these pics, (they are a collection of), sometimes there are up to 9 separate pics used to create a single pic using a simple panorama software program. These have come with the Digital cameras, (3 different ones),

The difficulty when putting a collection of shot like thi together were two fold. One is making ure the light and dark frame were the same exposure o they matched when making the Panorama. The second is when composing a series of frames (like the second pic), using 9 frames was the time it takes to compose frame and shoot. Shoot a continuations run of 4 frames per second, (cameras capability), then do that 9 times. The sky colour changes so fast time is of the essence. Then its going through each Frame, checking the focus to see if it would match one from the next sequence of frames.

The pamoram program i used was/is good but it also would match wrong

4 different shots to make up the Panorama
Copy of a3 copyright.jpg

9 Photos to make this shot
Stitched_all 4 a copyright.jpg

The pamorama program i used was/is good but it also would match wrong so i had to go back and manually join sections.

Could end up like this
a9.jpg

Last edited:
Fun idea for a thread Doug, nice sunrise / sunset photos! Don’t forget to add some of your animal photos! 😉

I don’t have a real camera, but I’ve been amazed at the quality of photos that my IPhone 8 takes. I’ll post some photos later. 👍🏻

Can't post them all at once, you would have nothing to look forward to.:laugh2:

Any camera any pic any age, don't care if its from a Box Brownie.......now i am showing my age, Dad had had a Box from as early as i can remember.........From the pics you have posted you have an eye for composure and some of them are so clear. love to see them here.

All sunrise pics. Ocean is east coast, Coral Sea

Last edited:
Can't post them all at once, you would have nothing to look forward to.:laugh2:

Agreed! I’ll come back here, every once in a while and add to it. I’ve got to say right up front that my photos are predominantly motorcycle photos. But I do have some others.

For today, just a small sample of black and whites. For me they just look more dramatic, I love taking them. And sometimes it’s not even that it’s a really great subject matter, I just like the way the light looks. Also, a common theme with my motorcycle photos, is the bike is not always the center of the shot, I love showing the road that I’m riding on, and the surrounding countryside, I think it just makes a much more interesting photo.
Here we go,
IMG_3078.jpeg
IMG_5189.jpeg
IMG_8410.jpeg

Cool thread idea. I put this one up here somewhere a few weeks ago, but I'll add it to this thread too.

Fires up in Canada was the only filter.
Pixel 7 Pro
30X mag stabilized by hand and a deck railing
Sunspots are clearly visible.

1692216374234.png

IMG_2524.jpeg

Carlos Elliot Jr. He’s a Mississippi Hill Country Blues artist from Columbia. My wife was quite infatuated with him. While she was away, I snapped this picture with my iPhone, printed it 8x10, framed it, and placed it on her nightstand.

I tried to get a great picture and I believe I succeeded.

Love the subject of this thread. With the advent of remarkable cameras in our phones, I have stopped bringing my digital SLR camera everywhere. I never dabbled with editing of photographs, so I can't add much here. Do gratuitous cell phone shots that may align with the spirit of this thread count?

Love the subject of this thread. With the advent of remarkable cameras in our phones, I have stopped bringing my digital SLR camera everywhere. I never dabbled with editing of photographs, so I can't add much here. Do gratuitous cell phone shots that may align with the spirit of this thread count?
whatever rocks your boat. Phone cameras make things to easy. With my cheapie android phone the camera isn't the best so it makes me use my canon digital. I do find Digital cameras are not as good as the old film days. But then my gear is borderline cheap.

Pics look great but small.

Top one looks like it could be from Australia. Just needs a kookaborough laughing in the background

Last edited:
Agreed! I’ll come back here, every once in a while and add to it. I’ve got to say right up front that my photos are predominantly motorcycle photos. But I do have some others.

For today, just a small sample of black and whites. For me they just look more dramatic, I love taking them. And sometimes it’s not even that it’s a really great subject matter, I just like the way the light looks. Also, a common theme with my motorcycle photos, is the bike is not always the center of the shot, I love showing the road that I’m riding on, and the surrounding countryside, I think it just makes a much more interesting photo.
Here we go,
View attachment 249251View attachment 249252View attachment 249253
Always admired the second pic, (not to say the others arn't good) but it grabs my attention to look. Black and white, love it

Using the color photo editing software Splashii ( Apple app )
IMG_6152.png
There are lots of these type of apps available. You start by selecting one of your photos, which appears black and white, then using a stylus you fill in color where you want it. A few examples…..

I posted this once before…Analog men
IMG_4659.jpeg

My lovely wife,
IMG_4655.jpeg

My granddaughter who tried to make herself look like her doll 😄
IMG_6148.jpeg

IMG_5631.jpeg

Using the color photo editing software Splashii ( Apple app )
View attachment 249351
There are lots of these type of apps available. You start by selecting one of your photos, which appears black and white, then using a stylus you fill in color where you want it. A few examples…..

I posted this once before…Analog men
View attachment 249349

My lovely wife,
View attachment 249350

My granddaughter who tried to make herself look like her doll 😄
View attachment 249347

View attachment 249348
@gggGary ;)

Back