Need advice/reassurance

Jesus fellas.... You don't need the motor in place.... A simple motor mount fixture will do, and they are a hell of a lot easier to lift and weld around. Also, I like to tack the frame to my welding table if I'm not using a jig. And, have you seen how much play is in these motor mounts....? We're not exactly talking aerospace/NASA tolerances here...

To the OP: you shit the bed when you cut it before making a brace/jig to represent the motor. If you want to double check and have piece of mind, throw that bitch back in there. Odds are you're probably ok. I never burn on a hardtail one tube at a time. But others may differ with my method. You definitely want to tack everything in place first, no doubt about that. Don't overthink it. It's not rocket science...

Yamaman, you crack me up. Keep up the good work bro!

Patches, I still had the motor in when I cut the frame up. Then I tacked the Hardtail on and then pulled the motor.

I was able to do FULL welds at all 4 points with the motor in place. We just took our time & would weld no more than a 1/4" at a time. check measurements each time. I measured from the rear motor-mount bolts to the front of the rear axle plate on each side. Too much welding on one side at a time can pull the tail section side to side. Work great, chain runs true...Good luck & have fun with the project.

Attachments

• chop 650 5.jpg
    chop 650 5.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 39
Back