Need help with identifying and finding parts for a fairing

The Riverbug

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got this fairing for my xs650sf and need the plastic windsheild. I cannot identify the model or fairing style to get the appropriate info to get the sheild. I have a couple photos including one of the plastic (lucite) Could use some help!!!

Attachments

• FAIRING1.jpg
    FAIRING1.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 183
  • FAIRING2.jpg
    FAIRING2.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 164
  • LUCITE.jpg
    LUCITE.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 179
  • Photo107.jpg
    Photo107.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 166
I'd make my own, you've got that bottom piece with the bottom shape and mounting holes, lay it out on paper how high you want it, basic shape ect., go to Lowes/Menards/Home Depot and get a piece of lexan minimun of 1/8th thick, it can be warmed to help get the bend, when mounting the glass start with the center, warm it, do the next screw, to cut your pattern (cover the plastic glass in masking tape) tranfer your layout to it and cut with a jigsaw, edges can be smoothed with a mill file

I'd make my own, you've got that bottom piece with the bottom shape and mounting holes, lay it out on paper how high you want it, basic shape ect., go to Lowes/Menards/Home Depot and get a piece of lexan minimun of 1/8th thick, it can be warmed to help get the bend, when mounting the glass start with the center, warm it, do the next screw, to cut your pattern (cover the plastic glass in masking tape) tranfer your layout to it and cut with a jigsaw, edges can be smoothed with a mill file

Thats why I ask. Will stop at Lowes on the way home. Thank you

Better go 3/16- 1/4 inch if you don't want it to flutter. If you are gonna make your own, make sure you get polycarbonate, not acrylic.

Got lucky found one in Colorado. Guy slashed the price and cut shipping in half. Got the fairing and other parts last week shipped to the house. I called the guy and asked what I owed him and he says don't worry about it. Good week! Thanks

Back