Need how to on hard tail mounting. How would you do it?

lowliferat

certified hack
Reaction score
So I laid my sled down on the railroad tracks again and burned leg ,so I think now is good time to start my next project while I heal up. I have a 81 frame that was cut for tail before I got it and picked up a tc bros tail that was already cut off another bike . My questions are where to measure and cut? I don't have a frame jig, could one be built out of wood? How would you go about doing this? I have a mig welder and some skills to go with it. I have mostly built 4x4s , jeeps , yotas and such. Any ideas on this would be helpful. Will post pics when I get camera back. Thanks , you guys make this site great!

Hard to beleive, no one has any input on this? Well then iWork go with the best of my abilities then here we go! So I got instructions from Tyler at tc bros on what they give you with a new hard tail so I will measure and see what's cut out , will post more when done

I would think you can build a jig out of wood, just make sure its farly stout. They build homebuilt airplanes in wooden jigs. I would rather build one out of steel, It wouldnt cost much more if any. It doesnt need to be super heavy material, as long as you gusset it well. Stop by your local steel supplier and ask about there drops, they sometimes sell them cheaper and tell them your flexable on material, they might have something laying in the back that they want to get rid of.

I'm sitting looking I thought take some all thread running from the front motor mount holes to rear axle to align the frame for welding or has anyone just measured and welded? How far is tire wearing problems? Or do you just shot off the hip?

Back