need info on 12" shorty mufflers

emzdogz

Aunty Em
Reaction score
Was wondering if someone who has these can tell me what the overall width of them is, at the widest part? also, if anyone can give me an estimate on how much room you'd have to have between 1.5 in pipe and the frame, in order for the shorty muffler to be able to be installed.
Like this one from TC Bros.
http://www.tcbroschoppers.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/318x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/1/2/12_chrome_shorty_muffler.jpg

Trying to figure out, before wasting $$ on them, if I can make my pipes have enough clearance.

thanks!

also, what do these muffs sound like? I currently have the baffle inserts in and don't like the sound - they're too loud and raspy. Not looking for ultimate "speed" performance, just a generally happy running engine and happy ears. thx

I can measure these if this is what you're thinking about. They are not quiet, but I think I'll build a short extension (6") of 1 3/4" pipe (it will slide right in) with a few baffles welded in to make it look like I tried.

Attachments

• IMG_2412 copy.jpg
    IMG_2412 copy.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 161
hi, if it's easy for you to measure the diameter at the biggest part, that would be helpful. Yes, that's the type I wanted to know about.
thank you

Hi, The shorties are almost 2 3/8" in dia. and my 1 1/2" pipes are run with 1 1/8" between them which lets the mufflers have about 1/4" between them. Let me know if you need anything else. Have a great day!

Back