Need some selling help

jb57

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Howdy, I've got a 81 special ii i'm trying to sell, but I don't know much of the market on these things. I'm in the Kansas City Missouri area and I've replaced many different things, among them rotor and brushes, 2-1 exhaust with high flow muffler, pod filters, rejetted, new tires, battery, head gasket, other top end gaskets, new ignition switch, drag bars and grips, right hand bar switch. It runs fine, just has a little oil leak from the right side where the points would be on a points ignition bike. I'm asking 1750 for it right now, too high, how much or what? Any help would be greatly appreciated, there's not much for sale xs wise around kansas city that's not bobbed or chopped.

If the cosmetics are good and there's no rust issues, mileage isn't outrageously high and everything works, I'd say that's a fair asking price... you've got to ask yourself what it's worth to you and then go from there. You should always say OBO in the ad just to help get the ball rolling if it's not selling.

Pic would be a help. Unless you want a quick sale put a stupid price on it if there aren't many in your area. Can always come down in price.

Yeah, when selling any vehicle you can always go lower but you can't go higher :laugh:

Back