Need to add front brake to Harley front forks or springer with brake

"crazy heavy traffic" in Asheville,NC ????

"crazy heavy traffic" in Asheville,NC ????
You haven't been here in a while apparently. Asheville population and tourism has grown at a rapid rate. I know a couple years back we were growing in population at 5,000 to 10,000 new people moving into Asheville each month. It has to be higher now. There are massive apartment buildings being built everywhere and rent for apartments and homes has more than doubled. Homes are being built in places no one would have even considered building on even 5 or 10 years ago. what used to be this little small City is growing at an incredible rate. Which in turn makes traffic hell everywhere because every road is always backed up or jammed up. Theres just no room for anybody anymore. We are litterally busting at the seems with people. Not to mention the craft beer industry and amount of breweries we have now. I used to commute in San Francisco and at least the growth was gradual overall there so that expansion of the roads took place over time and with growth. We are just now about to start road expansion. Not looking forward to the construction but hope it helps the flow of traffic. What used to take me 10 minutes to commute less than 5 years ago is 30 to 40 minutes to commute. Come visit you will be blown away at the amount of people. Downtown looks like spring break at Myrtle Beach every night with all the drunk people stumbling around.

Need help identifing frontend totorder parts for it. This front end has 39mm fork tubes, showa fork tube ends, single disc, 1" stem, and 22.25mm axle hole or .875" axle hole.

So once I know what it came off of. Then I need to know which disc size and specs to order? Which caliper to order and what's compatible? Also what axle to order? I need to rebuild the forks too. There seems to be about 2 different types of fork rebuild kits. How do I decide which one I need to order?

As far as I have been told is that this front end came off a sportster.

Attachments

• 20180516_145553.jpg
    20180516_145553.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 187
  • 20180516_145923.jpg
    20180516_145923.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 157
  • 20180516_150552.jpg
    20180516_150552.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 162
Wish I could help, I know there’s a good forum for sportsters on the web. May be best to ask around there.

Hugh Owings (Hugh's homebuilt) might be able to help you out he's into XS650 and sportsters. and is near Asheville.

Silverguy---I stand corrected on Ashville traffic. I used to live in Charlotte from 2000-2010 , an occasional trip to Ashville was always enjoyable, but like everything, I guess traffic increases when the area is so nice. Also you do have a Sportster 39mm front end.
tim

@gggGary Hugh is a good buddy of mine and I actually got the forks/frontend from him. I try to not ask Hugh to many questions. I don't want to bug him to much. I realize he has a business to run and family to keep up with and take care of. When you have a friend that does something like that for a living and bug them too much. You can end up losing a friend. I really don't want that to happen between me and Hugh. I try to only ask him questions that I am not able to figure out. I did purchase his stainless hardware kit 2 t-shirts and the frontend off him. So hopefully he considers me a customer and friend. As the motorcycle already has most of the HHB goodies already on it. Hugh has already helped me bunches! He let me borrow his trailer for over a week without giving me any flack about having it that long. The kickstand fell off the motorcycle almost immediately after I left buying it. So needed it to stay stapped down till I could get replacement parts and fix the kickstand.

So I will be ordering a new wheel as the one I have is 36 spoke 23". Should I order another 23" wheel that accept the single disc or should I go up in size to 26" wheel. Price is about the same for the wheels and would have totbuy aanew tire for the 26". Would
20180501_111038.jpg
like to here your guys thoughts on this. I am running a 17" rear.

Of course subjective, I don’t care for any larger than a 23” wheel. Not subjective, if you do go the 26” route add purchasing at the very least 4” fork tubes (just a guess). You’ll be bottoming out bad with a 26” wheel and lowered forks.

Back