need to make new timing marks

malloym

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I installed a PMA setup and I want to time it.. the problem is that on my 75 model the timing marks are part of the stator assembly... anyone have any ideas on how I can rig something up.

I used 3 different colored paintpens to mark the A....F..T at the 12' oclock position of the flywheel, since there's marks on the flywheel for that purpose; I used some calipers to measure the distance between marks on the factory stator when making the paint pen marks. When you mark the F position, you'll see that you can actually index the stator bracket to a casting ear on the case as well in case it needs to be removed later.

Make sure to use a woodruff key on the flywheel and that you're at full advance before you mark the new timing marks.

I'd be interested to see what other people have done, as well as what people have down with the stator wiring.

5703763806_90b2f0f124.jpg

I used the original woodruff key... it's not as wide as the banshee flywheel, but i thought it would be ok... also i don't have an adjustable timing plate so I can't index anything.

with your marks how do you time it with the cover on??? and how would I make new marks while at full advance.. ( make a mark while revving to 4k ???

Back