New aftermarket fuel tank?

GeorgeOC

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
Hello all, has anyone had any luck finding a good replacement tank that's pretty close to an original XS650 shape?

Thanks!

Thank you Royboy, much appreciated! I should have also stated, non painted would be an excellent feature. Thanks for the lead none the less!

But there are plenty of GOOD original tanks around! IM(OK not so)HO You can't beat OEM for quality. Special or standard?

Thanks gggGary, yes I totally agree. OEM is best, always if available. My goal is to find something that is not going to require an elaborate rust removal voodoo ritual... :laugh: But, I might just have to go that route anyhow. I thought I'd rather spend the money from rust removal project on fresh paint!

1976 XS650C, non Special...

Yes. Those earlier style caps are bear to find. So make sure you get a tank with one. The mikes tank I bought in 2008 is still going strong. Not sure how the quality of the new ones is.

Hello gents, a very considerate member here offered up a tank, in great shape. Might anyone have an expert opinion on whether a 79' tank will fit/function with a 76' bike?

Thanks!

They all fit after 74 forsure with no mods.. Special tanks hold less fuel and the cap is offset to one side. Some had 2 fuel taps others had one. I just made a blanking plate and gasket to run one tap.

Back