New Cafe Racer Seats now available!

bobber33

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
NEW WEBSITE! NEW STORE! NEW SEATS!
Check out our FLAT brat style seats too!
http://www.tuffside.com

Hey everybody, sorry i haven't' been around much.
But since moving to the new shop and the lack of XS650 donor bikes around here...
I've fallen into building a couple of SR500's and other stuff...

Long story short..
This lead me to making my own Vacuum Form machine and manufacturing my own cafe racer seats out of ABS.
Seats are thick 3/16 black ABS shaped around my own handmade mould.
After hating all the fiberglass generic cafe seats out there that were either too big, or too small and ugly or didn't fit the tank width properly etc...

Anyway the first few are done and up for sale now! More will be available soon, and i can build them to order if needed. Time frame would be a week to 2 weeks depending on the upholstery guys schedule. Custom colors and stitching also available. Price may vary for custom stuff depending how crazy.

Anyway enough jabber... check em out! and there's also a little video i did when i was building and testing the concept a while back.
:thumbsup:

3up.jpg

Black&Red.jpg

Black&white1.jpg

video here

UPDATE TO CAFE SEATS...

BeautySide1.jpg

Ok so there are now 2 versions available. PLEASE if anyone is interested - check your measurements. The NEW mould is better suited for XS650s with the rear hoop removed right after the shock mounts.

The other seat i have for sale (sorry i re-used some old pics) is not going to fit your XS. Its made for 500cc or smaller bikes.
Its is too short and will be too wide at the tank on an XS650.

The one that will look correct is this one and i only have the 1 available (AS OF TODAY). More are underway so if anyone is interested colors and stitching can be easily substituted to fit your style!!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cafe-Racer-...rcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item232af3fc68

Here are shots mocked up with an old XS650 rear frame and tank.
Rear hoop cut off right after the stamped steel shock mounts.
I usually remove the stock front seat mount's from the frame and cut down the threaded tank mounting bung. That way the seat will be level on the frame.
You'll still need to make a pan or some cross braces to bolt the seat to regardless.

xs1.jpg

xs2.jpg

xs3.jpg

Good work the seats look really nice. Looking forward to seeing more shots of them fitted to bikes - if anyone can post any up would be great

I'm having a dilemma, I like the bobber look, but at the same like the cafe look. Now as you will see in the link below, I have found my solution. Is this something that you can do? I'm just starting a build and currently am gathering information and trying to get an idea of what I can do. I like the red stitching, but again want something in between such as in the pic. I have contacted the builders of this bike but have not yet heard from them. So if you could give me an idea of what you can do for me.

http://www.knucklebusterinc.com/features/wp-content/2010/08/IMG_1024.jpg

Back