New Cert

might go out and buy some cones and work on some of those slow manuveur techniques at home.
Just find a parking lot with this kind of marking, and ride this pattern through it. One secret to success is cut it as wide as possible

Untitled2.png

The third spot being one that dictates the radius of the curve, you mean? For me it's a circle with a radius of about one space, as scribbled. Shoot for as tight as possible. When I said cut it wide, I meant use all the available space between the lines wisely

What I’m saying is use a wider arc for higher speed. It will work like a switch back curve. Your arc is dictated by how tight you take the curve. You can actually position yourself differently for better control, different lean and body positions.

Last edited:
I thought you meant spot meaning a point on my drawing, but you meant parking spots. "Use three spots". Yes, that would be a good variation. I think this stuff is very useful -- if you can do something this fine you have an overkill level of control for normal riding. Good stuff.

One secret to success is cut it as wide as possible
You don’t want to go wide, there’s a truck in the other lane. Lol SSS. Search, Set-up, Smooth. You should be seeing where you will be before you get into the curve and know the speed and positioning to get there. A great book that has been mentioned on this site before is called “ A twist of the wrist” by Kieth Cide and my favorite is a book by Nick Ienatsch called “Sport Riding Techniques”

Back