New D.I.Y. Hardtail from Ardcore Choppers

Spades

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I wanted to give you guys a sneak peek at a new product that will be on the market soon. I really think the Ardcore guys have outdone themselves. I'm not sure of the price or actual release date. Jon and I agreed to do my frame as the ginea pig. Anyways, it is about a 2" drop seat and a 4" stretch. The thing that I really like about it is that the backbone is actually cut and replaced with the new kit. In return, it incorporates the rear motor mount. It has 3 slugs and is welded at the backbone, and both bottom tubes. It is also bolted to the motor. By having the motor bolted in/on to the rear section it helps keep things in place and true while welding it up. Kudos to Jon and Carl for producing a quality product. Sorry about the low quality cell phone pics.

c08b5064.jpg

e68af3ad.jpg

98999737.jpg

c742382b.jpg

I like the idea of replacing the entire ass end of the bike with new steel. Although the kit might be tricky for people with inexperience welding or people without a frame jig. Its a lot of cutting and moving metal in the front loop.

Coast, when you cut any frame you should have it braced so things don't move around..when you install our hardtail you do not remove the motor this insures there is no spring. Also this hardtail doesn't require anymore welding skill than any other hardtail on the market.
Another benefit is anyone can have this one installed in about 2 hours and that include stock frame prep time.

what does the adjusters push on? if its all together, wouldnt these push on the nut on one side, and the roundy part of the axle on the other side? how would you tighten the axle nut after adj'ing the chain?

Leave the motor in the frame. I like it. Perfect for the DIY garage builder on a budget.

And I know braces are necessary. If you see my latest frame build I kinda went overboard with all of my bracing.

That's very nice looking. Seems like a pretty easy install. Would like to see more pics when its all finished.

what does the adjusters push on? if its all together, wouldnt these push on the nut on one side, and the roundy part of the axle on the other side? how would you tighten the axle nut after adj'ing the chain?

Roundy part......crack me up! yea i'd like to know bout the roundy thingy too....

Hardtail is next on the list i like the idea here looks good....

Back