New Guy From Ohio

Dlongb13

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to introduce myself to the board. I am proud owner of a 1975 650 as of a few hours ago. I have been looking for one for the past 3 or 4 months and finally found one on eBay and snagged it. Had to make a 6 hours road trip to pick it up but I couldn't be happier. Hopefully I can get some shots of it tomorrow and post them up.

This is my first bike so I am very new to this. I plan on doing most, if not all the work myself, that she needs. I have always been a car guy but I realized a few months ago motorcycle modding is much cheaper than 4x4 modding. I look forward to finding all kinds of not only answers but ideas for mods and parts.

Brady

And here are some pics I shot today.
DSC02048.jpg

DSC02050.jpg

DSC02055.jpg

DSC02053.jpg

Plans are to remove the camo seat, don't hate it but its not my style. Put some lower profile bars on it, finish the rear disk conversion, and it needs some throttle work. Thanks for looking!

Yeah, guy a bought it from was a Marine so he decked it out accordingly. Plans are to strip it down and lighten it up a bit. Not going to chop it up at all. I like the Brat style but I also want 2 usable seats or my wife might wonder why this was "such a great investment for the two of us" haha. Plan cosmetically are to repaint fenders and tank matte white and the rest of the bike leave black like it is. Also would love to change the seat to the Cafe Racer seat on Mikesxs but again, kinda want 2 seats. Also need to finish the exhaust.

I guess if there is some direction I want to go in it would be the Cafe Racer style in mind. But being so new to this I'm not sure what types of modifications in entails. So for now I am going to get it in good smooth running order and sit back a learn some things and then maybe next winter start a project on it.

Yeah, I saw this too, like its different look. What is happening with the rear brake? looks like no caliper or am i missing something?

No caliper. He started the convesion and didn't finish it. I do have the caliper though, just need to pick up a rear master cylinder and I'll be good to go.

Cincinnati, bout as south as you can get in ohio. It got up to 40 today so most the snow melted, we got 6 inches ( i know not much) last sunday or so and its already all gone. Works for me though, usually I am a winter guy, but now with a bike I am ready for some warmer weather.

Also anyone know if a 78+ rear master cylinder will mount on a 75 or will I have to fab something up?

Thats the one right there. Yeah it was a nice 5-6 hour drive and I got it for 680 so definitely worth it. Guy had a 450 and an 1100 too, really nice guy, knew his stuff, and has been great so far with any questions I have emailed him post purchase.

Thanks, I almost felt bad buying it for that much. He included the receipts to all the stuff he had purchased in the past couple years and it was about what I paid for it. Kinda wanted to throw in an extra bit for good measure, but the 120 dollars in gas for the whole trip put a hurtin on that idea.

$680? wow, awesome deal for a running 650 that hasn't been chopped, congrats.

i'm 3 hours north of saginaw and considered driving down to check it out, but i got my hands full with my current 650 cafe build. glad to hear you're not chopping it! :thumbsup:

I remember a set of rims like that that sold on eBay a few years ago. They were listed as xs650's though I've never seen any like them since. Hondas?
Nice score and welcome aboard!

Yeah I really liked the rims. I have yet to see anything else like them in my browsing. And yeah, no plans on chopping it, I wouldn't even know where to start. Although the TC Bros kit does look pretty straight forward.

Back