New guy, near Pittsburgh

vonyinzer

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all. Names Mike, from Beaver PA. About an hour North of Pittsburgh. Most definitly not new to bikes, but just picked up my first XS. Its a 73, runs, has a title, and is butt-ugly, but she only set me back $400 so ya get what ya pay for. :shrug:

The bike (thats my buddy Justin in the vid, he found/picked the bike up for me in MD):

For now she will stay as is (minus a good cleaning, tune up, and a stock seat) and be my daily rider.

Once the snow falls and the sawzall and toolbox are really getting lonely, she'll get some love.

By spring she'll be something like this here:

xs001_0.jpg

I have most of the parts needed to "brat" her out. Cool old alloy Honda TL trials tank, custom bars, etc... What I dont have Ill fab.

For those of you into any non-XS stuff, Im also (veeeeery slooooowly) working on a 1968 Honda CL175 "sloper motor" race rep that will end up something like this, but street legal with lights and what-not:

Raffle-Honda-CB160_resized400X266.jpg

And, a neat-o, all stock 1971 Honda SL175 enduro bike that I pulled (running) out of a guys yard for free. Only has 6k on the clock, but the motor has some internal issues. It will eventually get fully restored (or close enough for me... Im not much for show bikes. I like actually riding them.)

Well, thats about it. Thanks for having me. Hope I can be of some help, and if anyone is near the Burgh, lets do some riding!

Keep it real folks!

Thanks for the welcome guys, and Surplus, he wanted $450, but my buddy Justin and his shrewd negotiating skills worked him down. hahaha...

Section8, Im pretty sure you know Shaun...

I know him from www.dotheton.com. Been forever since Ive talked to him though. Happens when your old and married though I guess...

If you Youngstown folks arent doing anything Aug 13th you should head down to the Steel City Mods vs Rockers show.

http://www.steelcitymodsvsrockers.com/

Gonna be a great time.

Back