New guy XS Bobber build

spigatelli

XS650 Member
Reaction score
So this isn't my bike. It belongs to a friend. I am building this for him. I'm not a pro or anything, trust me, you'll be able to tell.
Here she sits. The hard tail was welded on. I am stripping the frame and probably going to clear it that way. I have 2 engines, 16" Harley wheels and I will be getting a springer for the front soon.
I know the tank is sitting low on there, but I am not mounting it until I get the front end and can tell how it should sit.
I am sure I will be on here looking for ideas and finding solutions to issues, as they arise.
I'll also be posting a bunch of stuff in the classifieds after a while. I've got boxes of parts that arn't being used.

Cheers,
Joe

Attachments

• IMG_20190414_142849.jpg
    IMG_20190414_142849.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 101
Question for you guys... Is anyone running a 16" front wheel? I was given a 16" front and would like to see how it looks, with or without a springer front end. This will be running a springer, though.
I have looked and it seems that most people are running a 19" or a 21" front wheel.

Just my 2 cents, if the front 16 fits I think it would be kind of refreshing on a non raked stock front end, but the springer will probably look more appropriate with a bigger front wheel. It’s all about what you and your buddy thinks when it’s all said and done though, something different is sometimes a good thing! Excited to see what direction the bike takes

The 16" front wheel really looks good! The Harley rear wheel I had isn't going to work, so I am going to go back to an XS spoke wheel.

Attachments

• IMG_20190428_160818.jpg
    IMG_20190428_160818.jpg
    266 KB · Views: 114
Alright, serious question...
The rear spoke wheel from the XS is 16 x 2.75. The harley front wheel is 16x3. If I put the same tire on both, do you guys think that the 1/4" will be enough to see the difference?

Going from a 2.75 to a 3" rim?
Since the tread area can't expand, the sidewalls will get half of that 1/4", or 1/8", which will be 1/16" per side. Might not be noticeable...

Back