New Harbor Freight opened today

I know, I love Harbor Freight! :geek:
Their quality has been creeping up for some time now. Of course, so have their prices, but it's still a good option for seldom-used toys.

I grabbed a 12v drill/driver for $20 to keep on my modeling bench in the basement. Heaven forfend I should have to walk out the the garage to get one...

Also been wanting to try one of those little half-inch belt "finger" sanders, seems like a great tool for cleaning up metal edges in tight spots. Bought a cheapo corded unit and if I like it and use it a bunch I'll probably buy a better one.

Yeah I’ve got a bunch of Harbor Freight tools. I started buying their tools 40 years ago before they had any retail stores. You used to thumb through their catalog fill out an order form, put it in an envelope along with a check, stick it in the mail and then wait about 6-8 weeks for a heavy box to show up at your house! Ahhh…the good old days! 😄

I’ve got one of their motorcycle jacks that I’ve had for about 15 years,
IMG_0683.jpegIMG_0698.jpeg

It’s always been a good jack, but lately when I go to let it down, it drops like a rock and I’m worried that my bike will fall over. I’ve been trying to figure out what’s wrong with it. Is it low on hydraulic fluid, does it have air in it? Or is the bleed valve just not working right? I’d like to try and fix it.

This could be an expensive store for me, I go to town at least once a week...Walmart for Men...
Sumpin to think about Paul....
'Bout 20 yrs ago I worked for a Harbor Freight clone. Towards the end I was only working about 4 hrs a week. Reason? Employees got 20% off anything in the store.

9 time out of 10 my paycheck was in the single digits. Didn't care, 4 hrs a week for 20% off was pure gold to me. :heart:

DE do you have to clip a coupon to get the 20% off
Around here they would just send you an email and you just took a picture of whatever coupon you wanted to use
Not so much anymore, they want you to pay cash to join there club for discounts

DE do you have to clip a coupon to get the 20% off
Around here they would just send you an email and you just took a picture of whatever coupon you wanted to use
Not so much anymore, they want you to pay cash to join there club for discounts
I got the HF app on my phone, cashier scanned the coupon off the phone.

I'll have to scope it out
Thanks !!

I bought their bench 5-speed drill press about 20 years ago when they only had a small number of stores. I think it was around $40 shipped! It came USPS and the mail(lady) whom delivered it she came to my door and wanted help getting it out of her vehicle. 50lbs? How do you ship a 50 # box for free?

Back