new headlight mount

crazyazsredneck

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
i need a head light so i got these out of my girlfriends barn
cleaned them up put 12v bulbs in and started fabing the mount
. it does stick out to far, gonna cut 3 to 4 inches off so i can move it back closer
to the bike:bike:

Attachments

• new head light 004.jpg
    new head light 004.jpg
    306.6 KB · Views: 231
  • new head light 005.jpg
    new head light 005.jpg
    313.1 KB · Views: 192
  • new head light 006.jpg
    new head light 006.jpg
    286.3 KB · Views: 213
Man I think you can do better in the headlight department.

Try and find a cop spotlight or something. I think it would complement well.

However, at the very least shorten that mount so it sits closer to the triple.

even if he was serious, that wouldnt last long with the vibrations these bikes make.

Pull it in closer to the bike would help a little. Try to hide the wiring and my opinion maybe try to turn the headlights sideways, that could look cool. :twocents:

Points for trying to make a mount rather than just buying one, but it needs refinement. Get rid of one of the lights, and bring the other one in real close to the forks. Dual headlights seem to work better on long raked out springer front ends. Don't be discouraged, sometimes you have to fab some things multiple times before they finally look just right.

ok heres the final product yep its on the bike:thumbsup:

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    313.3 KB · Views: 146
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    313.5 KB · Views: 143
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    287.6 KB · Views: 166
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    290.2 KB · Views: 180
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    310.6 KB · Views: 180
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    309.9 KB · Views: 154
i just cant find a way to justify that if your gonna go through that much trouble i think you could have come up with something a little cleaner and functional but its your bike

got enough bought parts on it now . its time to build some, and it was cheap the bracket came off an old fish cooker, and the headlight came off a real tractor. and the number one reason it was fun hahahahahahha:bike:

brace it from the top of the lights, to the top tree and that should help some with the vibes. 2nd version looks better, if you like it, that is all that matters.

Back