New Helmet - going old school

RetiredGentleman:

This thread has no worthwhile value. Anyone who will try to justify the stupidity of not wearing a helmet, has no respect for their own life, and no respect for the hardship and emotional issues it would cause their family.

It reminds me of the time when seat belts first came out for cars. There was always the story of the accident where the people were ejected from the vehicle, and the vehicle exploded/burned to the ground. Therefore the logic is that seat belts are dangerous and should not be used.

That same logic says, a helmet has a chance of snapping your neck, so best to not wear one.

Non DOT helmets should not be allowed to be sold. Buying a helmet so you can take pictures.................quite amusing!

OK , all the lads from the states without helmet laws, this is your chance to blast me.

____________________________________________________________________________________

^ This is exactly what I was hoping this thread wouldn't turn into.

I apologize for my photography hobby by the way I'll make sure not to mention that anymore.

Here's my theory on this and fire away if you must, the "wearing a helmet vs not wearing a helmet" argument always plays out in the same way. Its just like how the "republicans vs democrats" debates go down....there's always two sides and no one will agree with the other.

First of all....why do you care? it's not your life, its not your family, its not your helmet.
Secondly.....does "blasting" someone and calling them stupid really make your argument any more valid.

I was simply telling my story, my experience, and my opinion which if I remember correctly I believe we are all entitled to.

The last thing I wanted was this thread turned into a place where people sit and bash each other with insults...yet I knew it would.... so maybe that's my fault. I simply wanted to show off my new NOVELTY helmet, which I described as just that in the first post. No where did I say this would become my primary, and to settle this I do not think wearing a helmet will kill you, I think in my ONE freak of nature scenario it would have killed me. With that being said and even though I do not agree with HOW hey test helmets for DOT approval, I still wear my full face every time I ride because I'm well aware of the crash statistics and the value of keeping your skull intact.

To get back on track I think that the 3/4 helmets from Biltwell look way better than any other helmet available today. Its hard to beat that old school look, especially when you have bikes that are cool and vintage like ours.

I want to get the Biltwell full face when it comes out.

Back