New Member, Aspiring re-owner....

Maddog Marty

Alotta Patina
Reaction score
Greetings to forum members! I am a new member originally from Tennessee, living in Southern California for the past 30 years. I've owned 10 motorcycles over the years, from my first (Honda Mini-Trail in 1969) through several Yamahas and Suzuki's, with one Hodaka Combat Wombat thrown in for good measure. I have been getting the itch to re-acquire one of the best bikes I ever had....a 1975 XS650B. I've just started keeping an eye out for one on eBay, etc., so wish me luck! I look forward to finding one and either rebuilding/refurbishing/restoring it or just getting on it and riding. Thanks in advance for all the information that is on this forum...it is nicely done!

Welcome, and I can't agree more. The 75 was the best of the bunch. It got the better frame than the earlier and not all the safety stuff they put on the later.
Leo

Dude..let's try to keep this to ourselves, eh? No sense EVERYBODY trying to find one. Let me get mine first! (Just kidding...but I appreciate the confirmation. I came upon my original one by dumb luck. Always liked BSA but wanted Japanese quality.)

I'll bet I got a message from you through Craigslist last week. :) About the silver Special.

Welcome. Its a good place with lots of knowledge and help.

John

No, HookTool, sorry, not me. I am looking for a standard, as-original-as-possible, black 1975 XS650B, just like the one I had. Good luck with your sale, though...and I agree, this site seems to be wealthy with information and expertise regarding the XS. Much better than the old days!

Maddog, I've been following your search/purchase of a '75. NICE! I'm real happy for you. Right place at the right time my man. I just found one myself but not as good of a deal as you found. My son has a real nice '75 and I just located one a week ago from the same guy we bought his from (picture of it in the intro topic/ "New guy from the North Carolina mountains" thread post #13 toward the bottom). My father toured the U.S. on a '75 from 1976 to 1984 and said it was the best all around motorcycle he had ever seen. I tend to agree. Thumbs up on your purchase and best of luck with a GREAT BIKE! Joe in North Carolina

Last edited:
Thanks, Shovel Jockey! I appreciate your confirmation. I think the deal is fair for both parties. It's good to meet good people, eh? I am eager to get my hands on the bike (it is in Detroit, I am in southern California - Orange County - and it will take a while for me to complete the transportation). I'm sure I'll be a regular on this forum with lots of stupid questions...it's been a long time since I did much work on a motorcycle. This forum is set up real nice, by the way....good stuff, friendly, knowledgeable people, great information.

Back