New member here

- any plans to source a mag rear disc and swingarm set?...wonder what the freight would cost?

I have 2 80SG 3W6's and a 78SE 447 with the rear disc set up and i picked up a 75 rolling chassis with a rear disk set up so no intention of converting the drum rear to disc on the Heritage.

I bought a good set of good 34mm forks with good seals and excellent tubes for a 74TXA from the states and it cost me $225 Aus to the post office. and if you think that is dear if i had bought a set of tubes from Mikes with the freight they would have cost me $210 Aus

- i have a couple of mates in the US army and some in the banks here who bring me bits when i need them - hadnt realised freight was so expensive - have had some stuff shipped from canada, that has become very expensive - from aussie isnt too bad so far :thumbsup:

Hi looks like everyone is here...let the mud slinging begin...:(

My XS is parked up while i play with my new toy...but i need to get it going soon......

Welcome Snake,:cheers::smoke: What is the problem with the XS

fully vaccinated anti-vaxxer billionaire heir anti-elitist Tucker Carlson asked his elite friend Hunter Biden for a college endorsement for his son before attacking Biden for exploiting his father’s connections to get into places.

1653042318933.png

Lets put it this way.............

I am not going to make a comment, about some one, (could be anything from a company to a private operator), to doing something to someone else, Could be a company or a private operator), without any context or an expiation on why.

All that is doing is perking up interest and someone is going to ask the question on what the post was referring to.

If someone answers and the context points to a political situation, (by naming a political figure), then the posts have become political, and I think this is what the original poster of the vague and pointed comment wanted. They couldn't actually say it in the first place, so in reality they have started a political discussion by stealth using peoples curiosity about the vague and context less post.

I pointed my finger at what i consider one of the major cause's of the fuel rise............Unfortunately that post was erased when someone else made the following post political and accused me of making a political statement..........the odd thing is i have posted the same sentiment twice before in this thread and those posts weren't deleted so i can only conclude my post wasn't and the nor ore the other 2.

So Jim, i am not going to comment one way or the other.

Keep politics out of this thread, and i would ask that others please do the same, if you want to keep the discussion on the cost of fuel at the pump and how it is affecting your personal situations.................... or if not then this will be deleted by the moderators................so it is up to those who post, what determines the out come of this thread.
Skull; congratulations you have explicitly stated that you understand the concept of what I'll call brinksmanship. Posts that don't actually cross the line but they cause others to do so. And you also get the finer point about intent.
When the mods are dragged into it, the inciting post, as well as the plainly over the line posts all get the axe.
Moderating is and IMHO should be a bit crude. The (my) GOAL is little or no moderation is needed cuz the denizens self police, partially cuz they regret the results when the authorities DO get involved.
I'll go clean up now
1652826348728.png

and a bit later this post shall go POOF! too.

Like Quote Reply

keep deleting my posts because they don't conform to your narrative................

When 46 Gorgia posted the response to a query and mentioned a political figure, as a moderator that was the time to step in and educate the poster why the post wasn't in line with the sites rules, and changing the reference from a persons name to say, "a political figure", then problem averted and the poster then knows the difference for the future posts and has learned something.

But that wasn't the point..........it was a gotcha post and you let it run and let politcal content be posted untill i intervened then you could say i Gotcha..........

Last edited:
nothing wrong with the Tamaki river ya know!!...great place to windsurf...

- :D...had a lot of family along ireland rd, panmure basin...learnt to surf at piha and kare kare and to windsurf at pt chev, and wave jump at oakura and the kumara patch...great sports :thumbsup:

I started windsurfing at pt chev as well....

the XS.....it was only firing on one cylinder.....then it was running perfectly.....then 1 cylinder...then i changed the needles etc and it ran even better.....then it ran on one cylinder.......then i put the needles and jets back to original....then i found the broken wire to the points......then it ran....then it didn't....now it won't start at all........then i broke the kick start...yes broke it.......got a new one......then....bought XV1000 and havn't looked at it since....:(......the wife thinks i am selling it....so if i get it going .....

Back