New member sayin' hello!

AmericanMuscle66

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
How you guys doin! Im just a youngin' tryin to learn more about the custom bike world. For the past couple years Ive been extremely interested in oldschool bikes and after doin some research I fell in love with 650's and their potential for customization. Im now just waiting for when the times right to buy and start my own 650 hardtail project. I just thought I'd better join a place where I could talk to some experienced guys for some good advice. I have a little bit of mechanical experience but none with bikes. Id love to hear some good starter advice to make sure I do it right when the time comes.

Start with a runner, then you can still have fun as you go....don't rush into the first one you see, as there are a few out there to be had. If yer considering making a hardtailed bike, try to get a "Special", 1978 & newer....Older models ("Standards") make better/easier cafe's and if you snag an original/unmolested ANYTHING in complete/good condition, keep it that way & maybe offer it up to a restorer here for a basket case trade + $?
Just my opinion...
Also, any year bike can be made into whatever you want.....it just seems that the styles I mentioned earlier will go smoother.

Good Luck, WELCOME, & We like pics....:thumbsup:

Welome!
I havent built a bike, but ive had a cpl project cars and the one thing i can recomend is- try not to spread it out over a long time. Life happens and other stuff can crop up. Once you have a plan, dont quit.
There are prob more experienced builders out there who dont have this problem, but just my:twocents:

Back