New member.

midleagedbritt

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hi, new to this site and didnt realise this existed until this summer.

Had a few XS's and after a break from riding and being out of work have spent the last couple of weeks getting my bike back on the road, it had been stood 14 years and gone through four house moves but didnt take a lot of work.

Few gremlins but overcome them, thought I had a bottom end bearing going but turned out to be the speedo cable!, found that out this afternoon whilst going for a ride between rain showers.

Attachments

• IMG_20151215_130705.jpg
    IMG_20151215_130705.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 225
Hi MAB and welcome,
I checked out your bike list and apart from XS650s all we have in common is the GT750
Mine was the '72 with the 4LS double side front drum brake.
Perhaps the last attempt by an elderly Japanese designer to show that hydraulic disks were just a passing fad.
Over here a Water Buffalo, back 'ome a Teakettle and perhaps in Holland a StoomVink?

HI, good to hear somone else had one with a drum front, actually traded mine for a half finished race rep model B with twin discs, that was a real rocket most of my mates at the time couldnt touch her round the rural roads of Cornwall.

Hard to find a decent one at the right money now, but i prefer the XS's anyway.

Hi Scabber, thanks for the welcome, I got the seat and exhast (which has no baffles) back in 96 when I bought the bike as a wrecker from Tony Hall at Halco Engineering here in the UK rides and sounds awsome like all XS's I have owned, have a Halco 840 engine which I bought in 98 that hasent yet gone in a frame, project for this winter maybe but havent decided what to do yet!

Back