new one in the stable

nuck39

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Finished what little I had to do to my XS2 a couple of years ago, and have been riding it off and on. Today I rode the XS2 to a car show at the area lake, looked around and when I came back to my bike there was a gentleman standing there looking at it. He said he had one about like it that he has had for over 20yrs, and couldn't remember what year it was. He asked if I would be interested in buying it to get it out of his way. I told him I would come look at it and see what I might be able to use off of it for spare parts.
So I went home and jumped in the truck and went to his house to look at it. upon arriving he was rolling it out of the garage. SURPRISE a matching 72 XS2 just like mine. He had just bought the tag for it, even though he has not ridden it in 5yrs and it fired up on the second kick. He through out a price that was amazingly low. I told him I would take it. The guy goes in the garage and brings me out 2 professionally rebuilt carbs, and a complete 6" over front end, triple clamps included that were on the bike when he bought it. pics below. Now let the work begin.

Anyone want a seat?

iPHONEPICS224.jpg

Last edited:
Back