New one in WI

deluxerux

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I've been building cars and trucks for quite a while. I have a pretty good mechanical background but I haven't really gotten into bikes as much as I've wanted to. Used to have a little crappy 500Kawi ninja. Junk bike that was fun to piss around in with my friends, but the crotch rocket phase passed quickly. I just enjoyed cruising and not having ever queer in a Honda trying to race me. Sold it for cheap. Next I got myself a 72 Harley Ironhead with plans to hardtail and bob out. Let's just say I spent all I had on it, was in a dead end job, and couldn't afford to do anything to it. Sold that to a local biker club member when I was hard up for cash.

Now it's been a few years and I've been searching around for a nice, cheap, basket case to fix up into a nice bobber that's fun to cruise. I replied to a craigslist ad about a guy who had TONS of xs parts and bikes. Met him up at his place, was astounded by the number of xs stuff he had. He is a real nice guy and we put together a bunch of parts to get me started on my bobber build that I've been thinking about.

Got myself a 78 xs with a 76 engine. Everything taken apart, loaded her into the K5 and then the next day got tearing apart.

I have most all my parts ordered. Making a custom hardtail this week.

But the nicest thing that this guy said to me was look on XS650.com for any info I need or any questions I have.

All I have to say is thanks Gary and I hope to do business with you again in the future. Great person to do business with.

I will take some pictures of my progress tonight and post tomorrow.

But all in all. Hello all and I am happy to be part of the forum. :D

Welcome aboard Deluxerux!

ttwp.gif

Thought we might have to ROPE that tail gate shut.

Welcome to the party! Couldn't agree more about Gary, got my first bike from him in December. Great guy, super helpful and knowledgable. Can't wait to see the pics and hope to see you on the road around town soon.

Ok so I wasn't able to get any pictures last night. I am building the hardtail on Wednesday, so I will take a bunch of pictures then for everyone.

Welcome to another guy from 'sconnie....lot's of help from the guys here and you'll have running in no time....You are right Gary is a great guy and has helped me out more than once get my bike back on the road....
Tom

I bought a bike from Gary too, I love his shop and he was very helpful. I bought another bike from another guy that was missing some bolts and when I went to pick up the bike from Gary he hooked me up with the bolts I needed. I guarantee I will be calling him for more help some day.

Welcome! I just joined this week. It seems like there are plenty of members from WI, I'm in Oshkosh and I'm bringing my bike home from Milwaukee shortly.

Back