New project 73tx650

savage454

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I've been away for quite awhile after some completely unexpected and sudden events. After clearing it up, I needed a new xs and traded for this 73 tx650. It came with 2 titled motors that I'm not sure of the running state. Both I think are 79's and a ton of parts. A couple front ends some larger mags than are on it. A stock set of carbs, shocks, etc.

Anyways I'm not sure what's stock and what's not on here. I want to stay with the tracker style. I guess I'm asking the community if they can fill me in on what I've got here and if it looks okay. I know that's difficult not seeing it in person. I haven't started the bike. The battery is toast and I don't want to jump start it. I do know the starter doesn't work but the kick does. Has good compression. The left carb overflows but I'm sure it's either dirty, wrong float height, etc. Just looking for some opinions on the overall state of the bike on what you see. Are these the right forks? It seems to sit lower in front but the rim also seems small. Things like that. Thanks for any help.
IMG_20151129_154814_zpsu1xmojfo.jpg

Okay well it seems I don't know how to upload my pics. I've got photobucket but it won't give me a url. Ugh

Well that didn't work either.... I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. It asked for the URL when I click the image button.

Anyways I've got 2 extra motors that came with titles. There's no frames with them but hopefully any parts I'll need I can interchange. The other motors are both 79s. I've got pictures of everything but I'll need to figure out pic posting first lol

In the "Share This Photo" list on the left, click on the last one, the "IMG" code. That will copy it and you can paste it in your post .....

IMG_20151129_154822_zpsqdgvmbeb.jpg

We can't see the whole album because I think you have it listed as "Private", not "Public".

Back