New tank design

johnnymac

1975 xs650b
Reaction score
The P.O. dropped the bike at one time and dented up the right side of the tank- Now that I have the ol xs running so well, I thought it was time for a makeover- I'll bondo the right side and primer it- I worked out this design in photoshop (crudely). What can I say- I love Johnny Cash and Japanese bikes (so sue me). I'll cut a stencil and rattle can it- Then I know a body guy who will top coat it for free- I plan on trying it this weekend and will take pictures of the process- Please let me know if you all hate it-

Attachments

• johnnytank2.jpg
    johnnytank2.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 231
  • johnnyonbike.jpg
    johnnyonbike.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 262
Depends on the biker bar, I reckon. I drop in at a Harley bar down the street from me on occasion, either riding my XS or my Beemer, and they're always cool about it. I just tell 'em I'd rather be on two wheels than four, and they just grin and nod their heads in agreement. Hell, last time I was there I was on my Beemer and one of their regulars, an old guy, started waxing philosophical about how Beemers were the finest motorcycles ever made. Nobody argued with him, which I was kinda surprised about.

Yup, ya never know about people. But, have you ever encountered motorcycle racism in reverse? Someone who hates any bike that ain't metric? I haven't. Sure have encountered anti-metric 'racism' though.

Its weird too. Some of those guys have never owned a bike in their life before they got their HD or whatever. Then, suddenly, they are prepared to judge other people by the bike they ride.

I don't care one way or the other about the type of bike. Just don't like the hardass crap some guys throw down about I'm un-American or something. I tell them I'm just a poor dude that loves to ride and if they can show me a decent running Harley I can buy for $1500 I'll take it. Don't get much response to that!

Thanks for all the replies- Here in Sonoma, Ca we have 2 bars but they serve more wine than beer; I think I'll be safe. On the road I'll carry some cover-up magnet sheets. I'll see how my stencil abilities, etc. are. If it looks terrible- I'll try plan B- whatever that is-

How about Charlie Chan?
185px-Warner_Oland.jpg
Nah, he was Chinese. Oh! I know...
Bruce%20Lee.jpg
uh, no, he's Chinese too. Hmm...
ww34big.jpg
.. nah...
Production_Jap%20You're%20Next%20%5b%5d.jpg
or for something completely different:
HfdguKxUhpm1rcv0rTY2UDWOo1_400.jpg

I'm just trying to help, man. I wouldn't want you to get yer butt kicked in a wine bar. Oh, the humiliation! Actually, this is kinda cool. I saw it on a chopper once. Talk about puttin it out there!
800px-Naval_Ensign_of_Japan.svg.png

Attachments

• 185px-Warner_Oland.jpg
    185px-Warner_Oland.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Bruce%20Lee.jpg
    Bruce%20Lee.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Production_Jap%20You're%20Next%20%5b%5d.jpg
    Production_Jap%20You're%20Next%20%5b%5d.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 0
Most folks don't know this but the above is the flag of the Imperial Japanese Navy. The national flag is a simple solid red circle on a white background. Okay, all done with trivia.

...and the Imperial Army had a similar flag on which the meatball was centered. But yeah, you have a cool touch with flags. I guess you Tejanos are kinda sensitive about that huh?

I looooove the Republic Of Texas!!

I love the flag , i wanted to put one on my tank but i couldn't get it to work out right so i decided i will put one on my jacket.

Back