Wanted - new to bikes. looking for a project.

bcumbie

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new to bikes, but have a long history in cars and trucks. Mechanic by trade, do some light fab work at home. Anyways I'm looking to pick up a project bike and the xs650 catches my eye. As far as budget goes I'd like to stay under $1k if that's possible. I don't mind a non running project. I'm in the east texas area. Plans are to build a hardtail bobber style bike. Thanks for any leads etc.

Brandon

Hey I'm in Fort Worth and I have an extra bike it's all broke down but it is complete except for the forks I just gave to ranger contact me n we can work something out. It is a 79 xs 650.

I have about 10 XS650s in various conditions. Depending on exactly what you want, a non-running but titled project for under 1K is no problem.
A couple partners and I will have 3 side-by-side spaces at the indoor swap meet area of the Lonestar Roundup. One of them is another member of this Forum, he also has multiple XS650s, and he will have at least one XS650 at our swap meet space. We will be hard to miss at the swap meet, because we are the ones with all of the motorcycles and stuff.

bcumbie you will Probably be better off seeing DogBunny this weekend I only wish I could go to this swap meet. If you don't find what yer lookin for give me a shout but the one I have is completely torn down for rebuild.

I have a 72 model complete bike. The seat is non existent and the motor is stuck. it didn't have plugs in it when I found it.

Hey Dogbunny,not trying to step on any toes but if the offer is up for anyone,I'm in Corpus and would like to check out what u have to possibly sale.Nothing immediately but in about a month I'll be able to swing the cash..

Hey Dogbunny,not trying to step on any toes but if the offer is up for anyone,I'm in Corpus and would like to check out what u have to possibly sale.Nothing immediately but in about a month I'll be able to swing the cash..
No problem, I have plenty in various states, and I know of several others in town.

found this on Craigslist this morning. 1972 yamaha xs650 xs2 - $1000 (Longview,tx.)
I have a good old yamaha xs650,it is a 1972 xs2 It has a ton of compression & runs well,I was going to build another flattracker out of it but it would restore easy or build a chopper/bobber.I built a manifold & put a single carb on it.It has a clean clear texas title.903-452-548 one

do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

Back