new to here

ryan79

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
good to be here,just found this place. must have been under a rock.seems much easier than the other site to navigate. ryan some pics of my bike.

Attachments

• Picture 932.jpg
    Picture 932.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 90
  • Picture 937.jpg
    Picture 937.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 144
  • Picture 031.jpg
    Picture 031.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 88
thanks guys, I have owned it 4 years now. started as a cafe then each year has slowly turned into a tracker.the swing arm is under brace section weld on I got from joe wise guy a couple years back.carefull with that,or let him know you are using longer than stock shocks or your chain will rub bottom.I had to lenthin mine a bit.no big deal though. the rear disc is rz350 with flat track carrier barnes/a@a like hub,flattrack knock offs,gsxr caliper with home made hanger.bucannon stainless spokes and excell rims. just ordered maxi-x-pipe for it.can,t wait to hear it.I will keep you guys posted on how that goes. looks like a cool pipe but can find much for pics on the net and nobody seems to have much info on it.

- maxi x pipe...from campbell?...i dont see this listed on there stock list...is it a special order?

good to be here,thanks guys, the front fender is just 79 original fender cut down. the black color just makes it tough to identify. yes I did mean maxi-x-pipe by monti campbell.he just does not list it on his web site. has a small classified ad on e-bay.and there is a flat track xs650 on e-bay now with one of his pipes on it. figured I would give it a try.see how it sounds. it sure looks good. taking a chance because I like the sound my bike gives right now. does anybody have any info on mikes dellorots.I,ve searched the net high and low but can,t get any feed back on how thay are working for people.

- there are quite a few using mikexs dellorto kits now here in europe, they seem happy with them-was just bullshitting with a couple the other night who are using them-i wrote down some of their rejetting experiments at the time but cant quite lay my hands on them at the moment-will keep looking and try to post them in the morning-my time, jay760 has a pair too and seems happy with them-not sure where he got them from

Damn! nice bike! Welcome to the site!

Is that a 36 spoke or 40 spoke rear? Stock XS front hub?

rear hub is 36 spoke and front hub is stock with machined spacers to except 1991 fzr 600 rotors.hopefully soon I will have wave rotors. yes ,twinsarehot you are correct I had omars terrazi rear sets on it till the end of last summer.their nice and look good but the stock pegs more cozy.I started as a cafe racer and ended up going to tracker. all my cafe parts are slowly landing on my extra bike. I have a nice cafe 1978 xs 650 in a corner of my garage now collecting dust.guess I,ll get time for it some day. twinsarehot I must hear that pipe on your bike,hope to see it out this summer. what look are you going towards with your bike. cafe,tracker,brat,bobber.ect. you now what I mean.all I can say is stick to your plan because changing your mind 75% of the way through is expensive.but where never done and thats the fun of it.

all I can say is stick to your plan because changing your mind 75% of the way through is expensive.but we're never done and thats the fun of it.

- :laugh::laugh: only too true :doh:... still, build a shelf and label it DIP-dreams in progress, you never know when those items can be used at short notice on another WIP

yeah sometimes when i have an idea for a build it starts off good and then you just happen to pick up a part and bamm the project changes:doh:

Back