New to site, XS's, and a LOT of questions.

StampBear

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello to everyone! i am so glad i found this site. i have been lurking for a few weeks and find that many of these thread have been helpful in giving me some direction. but as the title suggests i will have (do have) a LOT of questions.

But first a little about me and my situation.

My Name is Brett and i am from North Western Massachusetts.

i had a bike (MAXUM 750) some years ago and loved it. Due to life i had to give it up and recently decided to get back into riding for a number of reasons. the primary is to get out and enjoy the ride.

i recently picked up a 1980 SX 650 that needs some putting back together and some parts replaced. Over all the list seems long but its rather a lot of little things that make a big difference.

i have done mechanical work to some degree all of my life and while i need to learn a lot about motorcycles the concepts are not foreign to me and i am able to learn fast.

I am hopeful that i will be able to get a lot out of this board and my time here. i will admit that time is a precious thing so my attendance may range greatly from daily to 1-2x a week.

feel free to ask me any questions and i am certainly not shy so i will be asking things as they come up.

Back