New to this site

browder

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Check-in time Hello everyone--found this site yesterday looks decent enough just takes a little time to get familiar with-seems to be a few here from the old Garage Site checked that place yesterday and it seems pretty much dead over there these days--

My neighbor brought me an old 75 XS last week that was last tagged in 79 with a plunger on the rear and some stretch to the front down tubes-has a lot of nice vintage pieces on it--just starting to sort it out-so far it's needing a Regulator/Rectifier for sure the aftermarket one had bare wires showing so I've got to dig through my pile and find something that will replace that going through carbs now I've seen worse but think they'll clean up fine--think it had an ignition issue-has an old set of 2 into 1 pipes on it and I doubt they've ever seen the street but right side looks like it never had any heat through it and left is light brown so guessing it was running on one cylinder and whoever built this thing never got it on the road--lots of other issues to work out but these are what I'll start with--I'll post pic's soon looks rite out of the 70's and everything is very clean for it's age
G.browder

Thanks Skull that's what I was searching for the R/R swap--I did a five wire swap a few years with R/r swap off a Boulivard and can't remember how I made it work but bike is still running and charging but it's sketchy from what I've been told it could fry rotor any time--bike don't get road much anymore but never failed while my son was riding regularly a few years back-- just found me a stock regulator & rectifier tonight and have the left carb to get back together should run but don't know how well probably have to get carb kits before it's over--least these cabs bowls weren't full of powder

Stock rectifiers are old and would have a lot of resistance, I assume it is second hand. Throw it away and go with the bridge rectifiers. The Regulator that RG recommends for the pre 80 XS650's is also a cheap reliable alternative to the stock regulator.

Got ya Skull I'm just now goin through the entire thread--that is the info I'm after same regulator just a different source for the rectifier--I'm seeing things have changed quite a bit in the last five or six years--I found Pamco's site and that's how I got to this site I bought his ignition set-up from the first batch he had now he's got em for a few different bikes and modified the original too--lot's of good info here Thanks again--G.browder

Hello and welcome, a couple of us guys from the mitten. I live just east of GR.[/QUOTE
How's everything on the west side--we've had enough rain for awhile start blowing it a little to the south east will ya--I'm over south of Flint in Burton only difference is there's more Law Enforcement once you leave the city--yup murder capital of the USA-- we don't have anymore murders in Flint than anywhere else it's just these morons on the North End ain't smart enough to hide the bodies----

Back