New toy

The voices said it was too plain. Never really got over the summer of love so here she is with a retro 70's scheme over chameleon pearl.
Tune in turn on drop out.
bikepics-2365519-800.jpg

Head is back from shop after shave, valve grind and new oil seals, engine back together and installed. But have to wait for a new external oil pipe before I can see how see starts.
bikepics-2379123-800.jpg

Welcome,and yes,yes yes,this looks so much better than the sporty tank version you had going. It looks like you,and your wife will have lots of fun on this one. You need to teach her how to ride,and then you can build the solo seat bike!!!

Finally she runs, bit sick, wont rev but she idles!!!!
And the muffler is not too loud, cant wait to sort out the engine do broakes and tires and get to take her for a test ride around the block
dont know how to insert a video but here is the Bikepics reference for her today
http://www.bikemovies.com/movie/015531/

Wednesday, still cant get above idle but did a compression test,,,,little bit above 150 psi one side little below other side, less than 10 psi difference. Guess I was right, she blew smoke when I got her and I was sure it was only valve stem oil seals.
Actually it was a warped head AND seals, but a regrind seats and valves, new seals and head gasket,(and missing head bolts!) and a little shave to flatten it out and she"s good as new.
bikepics-2389957-800.jpg

bikepics-2389958-800.jpg

Rolled her out of the garage and gave her a wash.
bikepics-2413923-800.jpg

bikepics-2413924-150.jpg

Have to take a break for a while now, flat out working on other things,,,will post in a while

Been a long time since last post. Basically got bored with her as she was and sidetracked to other stuff, then I had some free time in the workshop and had to look busy so I channelled the old sporty tank and made it fit into the rubber mounts at the front. Whipped up a sissy bar (its the rock and roll thats the problem not the drugs) and ripped out all the foam in the seat and replaced it with a bit of yoga mat. Sprayed tank and side covers chameleon pearl over black and repositioned the coils to under the seat. Took her outside in the sun and here she is again.
bikepics-2434315-800.jpg

bikepics-2434314-800.jpg

Back