New XS650 Owner in ATL

ThatXS650Guy

More Sparky than Speed Racer
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Gang, I've been looking for a café project for a while. Bought a KZ400 for $200 once to café but it was too nice to cut up. So I have been keeping my eyes open for a cheap XS650 and picked up this little gem for $200 last weekend.
070214114127_zps422f6268.jpg

It has not been registered since 1991 and shows 11,255 miles. The plan is to replace the tires, brakes, battery, chain and sprockets, get her running and then see where it goes. Yeah, I hate the seat and bars too but I love the white letter tires.
I have a couple of other projects ahead of it (this is my 5th vintage bike but my first vintage Yamaha) so I won't be doing much right away but I plan on doing a lot of research here.

$200? Looks like a pretty sweet deal to me.

Yeah, I couldn't pass it up at that price. It was in decent shape and complete and in fact is in much better shape than the last $200 bike I dragged home. No keys or title though... Keys are on order and I have a bill-o-sale.
I wish I could jump right in but I am working on a cj5 project with my 16 year old son so I doubt I'll do anything other than tinker with it.

I missed this thread till now, welcome aboard. I payed $900 for my 79 not running. It took me a lot more to get on the road than I expected but I'm loving it. What part of town are you in? I'm in East Atlanta by the Midway.

Hi. I'm a new member and not sure if I'm posting in the right place, so apologies. I have been offered a 78 model xs650 with a Halco tuned engine. Tidy condition and low mileage. Mag wheels and twin front disks. I'm looking for views on value. Much appreciated.

Posted via Mobile

Yes this is the wrong section, not many people will see your post here. You need to start a new thread. You can do this by going to the forum main menu click on "The Garage" and then you will see a button at the top that says "new Thread".

Hi. I'm a new member and not sure if I'm posting in the right place, so apologies. I have been offered a 78 model xs650 with a Halco tuned engine. Tidy condition and low mileage. Mag wheels and twin front disks. I'm looking for views on value. Much appreciated.

Posted via Mobile

Im over off briarcliff not too far from you. Just got my 76 built. Let me know if you want to ride or need any help wrenching. Ive had a few of these but I still have a lot to learn

I missed this thread till now, welcome aboard. I payed $900 for my 79 not running. It took me a lot more to get on the road than I expected but I'm loving it. What part of town are you in? I'm in East Atlanta by the Midway.

Thanks! I am in Cumming but work in Sandy Springs.
Still trying to get the old girl working but I won't get serious about it until after I get a few other projects out of the way.

Back