new zealand xs650

I haven't updated this in a while, ive been getting quite a bit done lately. heres some pictures in no particular order.

IMG_0895.jpg

IMG_0896.jpg

IMG_0898.jpg

IMG_0899.jpg

IMG_0900.jpg

IMG_0954.jpg

IMG_0955.jpg

IMG_0958.jpg

IMG_0957.jpg

IMG_0960.jpg

IMG_0962.jpg

IMG_0968.jpg

Bit of an updated. Ive made a seat pan and got that fitted so i could sit on the bike a get a feel for how i would sit, I'm really happy with how it feels i was worried it would be to cramped up but it feels just right.

I put the standard master cylinder on the bars and just wasn't happy with it and couldn't find anything i liked, plus the bars a 1'' so that made things harder so ive come up with this cable actuated master cylinder. I bleed it up last night and it seems to work great

IMG_1184.jpg

IMG_1109.jpg

IMG_1111.jpg

IMG_1108.jpg

IMG_1113.jpg

IMG_1110.jpg

IMG_1107.jpg

Love your front cable to hydro setup bud. Its exactly what I was planning but was unsure how I was going to lay it out !! Your execution is perfect !! Its well hidden by the tank and keeps the bars clean as, which is why I wanted a cable front brake..

I was going to run a drum brake but your not aloud to down grade your brakes here in oz which is why I was thinking a setup like you've done.

I was also planning to run my coils down behind the motor which left that space empty. So its a perfect setup..

Well done dude.... Your bikes lookin awesome !! Love it....

Hey man, How is the bike coming along? I recently just got mine certified and warranted so I've been thrashing the crap out if it around auckland.

Ive just started another xs build and I'm thinking of getting the ardcore hardtail section too, How do you find it? Any pros or cons? how long did it take to get here?

Thanks bro!

Front cable to hydro setup? With invisible rotor/drum? He just didn't bolt rotor or any brake components on it looks like.

Nice bike. I think that tank is more chopper and your bike kind of reminds me of a boardtracker and would look sick with a Honda dream/cb77 type round tank.

Front cable to hydro setup? With invisible rotor/drum? He just didn't bolt rotor or any brake components on it looks like.
Look at the pic of the set-up under the tank, cable operated hydraulic master cylinder - a'la Z1R Kawi.

Nice bike. I think that tank is more chopper and your bike kind of reminds me of a boardtracker and would look sick with a Honda dream/cb77 type round tank.
More of a take on one of the Angry Monkeys bikes, this is an xs copy of their Trumpets.

I'm see it now! Great idea! Scrolling through so damn fast on my cell phone I skipped over it to the complete bike pics.

I dig the bars too. Similar to mine. I bought 7/8 clip ons with removable handles and I cut some xs400 bars and used the bends as handles for a similar custom clip on look.

Fairly sure he has the same as mine (default ardtail spec). 2" seat drop an 4" stretch..

Stoked youve got it going dude !! Looks and sounds awesome...

Back