new zealand xs650

damn dude, you've been at it alright. Looks killer, whats that springer setup off? Looks bloody good on there! Can't wait to see some pics of it all put together! Keep that shit up, awesome work.

Last edited:
damn dude, you've been at it alright. Looks killer, whats that springer setup off? Looks bloody good on there! Can't wait to see some pics of it all put together! Keep that shit up, awesome work.

thanks! ive built the springer from scratch

11169036_10152828881037263_680687921_n.jpg

11074531_10152828881287263_1235021985_n.jpg

11148999_10152828880922263_654739037_n.jpg

Veeerrrryyyy nice.

Its all about angles and that's the difference between a good hard-tail and an ordinary one.

Nomination for Calender cover 2016..............

Plans for springer..? Where are they from.?

My flatmate designed it on cad and started making one but hasn't finished it, so i got the files and had the main parts laser cut and then made it to suit my bike. i never made anything like this so there was a lot of time in the front end, buts it works great i went for my first proper ride yesterday and it all seems to be working.

My flatmate designed it on cad and started making one but hasn't finished it, so i got the files and had the main parts laser cut and then made it to suit my bike. i never made anything like this so there was a lot of time in the front end, buts it works great i went for my first proper ride yesterday and it all seems to be working.

Hi deavoll,
ooh, that's really pretty. But what are you going to do now that it's finished?
As it happens, me and my chiropractor reckon that a hardtail's worth is trumped by the spinal damage caused by riding it.
How about having your CAD buddy work up an elegant rear suspension?
Something quaint, involving a 1/4-elliptic leaf spring?

Hi deavoll,
ooh, that's really pretty. But what are you going to do now that it's finished?
As it happens, me and my chiropractor reckon that a hardtail's worth is trumped by the spinal damage caused by riding it.
How about having your CAD buddy work up an elegant rear suspension?
Something quaint, involving a 1/4-elliptic leaf spring?

Im going to ride the shit out of no its finished. It rides great, i dont see what the big deal is with people thinking hardtails are unrideable..

Im going to ride the shit out of no its finished. It rides great, i dont see what the big deal is with people thinking hardtails are unrideable..

Hi deavol,
it's not that hardtails are unrideable, it's that suspended bikes ride in far greater comfort.
My first 5 years riding back in the 1950s was on rigid framed bikes because those old rigid frame machines were the only ones a low wage apprentice could afford to buy.
The moment I could afford a bike with rear suspension, that's what I bought.

I'm not a fan of hardtails, but this bike is just outstanding. Well done indeed:thumbsup:

You plan to "ride the shit" out of it, buy its not legal??? With those exhausts, do you not think the police may notice you riding along the street???

Back