newbie carb question

kxrider123

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
i just bought a bike its a 1980 with stock bs 34 on it im pretty sure and they need every inculding intake boots and filters they are shot. im building a bobber with the bike so i dont know what my best route would be. i wasnt sure if i should rebuild them or i was looking at this set http://www.ebay.com/itm/xs650-carbu...749558&po=LVI&ps=63&clkid=7854429553296845502 I understand the mikuni isnt gonna be bolt on and go. But any one with info on what i should do would be greatly appreciated.

thanks, jake

There is a lot of info on here about tuning VM34's just use the search function. If you are not familiar with carb tuning it may be a better idea to find some new intake boots and get familiar with the BS34's. If you are looking at spending that kind of money I would suggest getting in touch with Oldskoolcarbs on here about a cleaning/rebuild as he does excellent work and would cost you considerably less than the VM34 setup you are looking at. If you tell him what mods you are going to be doing i.e. Pods and open exhaust he can set it up for you pretty damn close. He did my BS34's and I could not be more pleased.

Is there any pros and cons on both sets of carbs. Like what set runs better when tuned right and stuff. Im just gona have the stock 650 with open exhuast for now and maybe put the 750 in later.

Back