CDI Magneto on ebay. What do u guys think of these ?

well for starters, no advancer. So you run full advance all the time which is stupid on a street bike. Looks like for a race bike where your constantly revving and riding hard thats fine.

In previous auctions the seller has stated "for racing purposes only, not for street bikes" Won't support lights, etc. This came up about a month ago.

This is the first time I'd seen or heard of this setup. Wasnt sure if any of u had.
I'm already rather deep into a pm stator swap so not like I was going to change course. Just liked the idea of a complete and simple set up for charging and ignition all in one.
First thing that I disliked was that its a modded setup made for cheap Chinese bikes so I'd really have to question quality/reliability . I did notice that it says in the question and answer part -
Hello Mike, Are there any advance curves built into these units? If so, do they cover the factory specs as far as static to full advance similar to the stock specs. Thanx, Dave Oct-18-10
A: Hi Dave No, there set at full advance. I've been toying with the idea of incorperating the crf rev box to give it one, but I've had no problem running it full advance on my RoadRacer. It pulls from Idle to 8000rpm.

Not sure I believe that but thought I'd throw it out there.

Not being able to power the lights tho that just sux.

Back