nifty little voltage monitoring doo-dad

I just finished installing one of Gary's little LED charge lights. Nifty little device, I must say. I was going to put it in the pod between the instruments but since I couldn't find a way to wire it in there, I decided to mount it externally. I made up a little bracket to hang it off the bottom of one of the instrument cluster mounting bolts .....

Bracket.jpg

I sleeved all the wires since they would be external and running into the back of the headlight bucket, and added bullet connectors .....

LightWires.jpg

It worked out very well. The light is very unobtrusive and barely noticeable, but easily observed while riding .....

CloseupOff.jpg

OnRevved.jpg

It did reveal a little problem I didn't even realize I had, namely that my charging rate wasn't as good as I thought. A little adjustment of the voltage regulator fixed that though. All in all, a very worthwhile and recommended addition.

I have them on several bikes as well and they are particularly useful on the dual sports with less capable charging systems. The xs has a pamco and hugh's pma which has no problem keeping up with my heated gear and a couple of 55 watt lights.

photo_zps63db396a.jpg

Back