Not an XS, but a fun bike...

MN_TX650

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Rebuilding a 1981 Honda Trail CT110. I actually learned to ride on this bike years ago, and logged a few off-road miles on it before something broke inside the motor. I used that as an excuse to buy a KX125 MX bike at the time =) Fast forward a number of years to about 2 weeks ago. My wife hit me with the "I want a scooter" statement, and we started talking about how I learned to ride. I remembered the old honda was still burried in my parents barn, un touched for all these years. 270 original miles. I dug it out, and my son and I dropped the motor to have a looksie. Turns out a small part called a "shift drum stopper" broke in side, not allowing the bike to remain in gear. The motor is a 4 speed (with a high/low selector) and an auto clutch. It ran fine when I parked it, just wouldn't go in to gear. Hoping this part will solve the problem! Got a bunch of stuff ordered up, and have been working on rebuilding it. Should be a fun little scoot for around town when it's done, and a great bike for my wife to learn on!

Here is my son on the stripped down frame after washing it up
EASTER001.jpg

And what it will look like when we are done!
1981RightSide.jpg

My new garage is filling up fast LOL. Have the VTX, Cafe TX650, and CT in there now. Still need to fit in my '78 XS and a '78 CX500 and have room to finish the CX cafe style, and the 78 brat style

Back