Not even an XS part ...

Wow dude, I've heard of "you people"! One World, Huh? Man, I respect your right to an opinion, but I just can't be "one" with people who order their wives to kill the babies they just gave birth to because they are female.
I don't want to make it sound like our society is perfect (FAR from it), but there are still some SAVAGE cultures on the face of the big blue ball I'd just as soon leave over there, and not "meld" with.
I was a much bigger fan of Mutually Assured Destruction than the new manifest destiny.
And you know, we would still have a ruling class controlling all the money, public and private, and those of us tinkering with 40 year old motorcycles would not be among them. The status quo sucks, but MOST of the alternatives are worse in my opinion!
Cheers! Have a beer and tell a few stories, and give the heady thinking to someone else. I used to Ditto and what not, but I started listening to music that makes me happy, be it happy music or not, and I'm a happier person.

Glad you gave up the ditto (grew your own head I imagine)
I gave up on humanity and now embrace the inevitiable. The ONE government of the world is gonna be the U.S. government (the Commonwealth is already part of it). The savages won't be assimilated they will be conqured and RULED (a la Victoria).

True dat we ain't gonna be in the 1% but at least they'll speak English.

I'm getting more modern in my thinking (now that my XS is built I want an XJ1200).

I miss the 80's.

What brew do you reccomend? I'd like something between a Guiness and a Newcastle. (Just a little thinner than STP).

I like Guiness fairly well. I made something close in my Mr. Beer kit called Sticky Wicket Oatmeal Stout. A little milder flavor, but still black as coal. I prefer Bock beer as a category Double Bock, especially. Here's one you can find most anywhere.

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/paulaner-salvator/649/ Probably my favorite bottle beer, and hey, I work with about a dozen Lufthansa employees from Hamburg and Frankfurt right now!

As far as "recreational grade" I do have a strong attachment to Shiner Bock and Shiner Black Lager. Gotta support my Texas industries ya know!

So much commercial brew is just over-carbonated piss to me, I have a hard time sometimes finding something I like. I'm in the Northeast right now, and Shipyard Brewery and Gritty's Pub are a couple of regionals that have some decent ales and porters.

As far as the politico-economic landscape, I guess I just haven't embraced the futility of bitching about it yet!

I like Guiness fairly well. I made something close in my Mr. Beer kit called Sticky Wicket Oatmeal Stout. A little milder flavor, but still black as coal. I prefer Bock beer as a category Double Bock, especially. Here's one you can find most anywhere.

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/paulaner-salvator/649/ Probably my favorite bottle beer, and hey, I work with about a dozen Lufthansa employees from Hamburg and Frankfurt right now!

As far as "recreational grade" I do have a strong attachment to Shiner Bock and Shiner Black Lager. Gotta support my Texas industries ya know!

So much commercial brew is just over-carbonated piss to me, I have a hard time sometimes finding something I like. I'm in the Northeast right now, and Shipyard Brewery and Gritty's Pub are a couple of regionals that have some decent ales and porters.

As far as the politico-economic landscape, I guess I just haven't embraced the futility of bitching about it yet!

I'll check out that brew. Shiner's a bit bitter for my tastes ( I reserve bitterness for my socio-political ranting). I'm doing Killigan's irish Red right now but my beer-nazi friends are aghast, tney call it "fake Irish beer."

Like Harp is awesome? Try some all malt beers if you're not a hop-head. I make most of mine with my Mr. Beer Kit, but there are mediums, like a nut-brown ale, that have no bitterness in them to speak of. Darker than Newcastle, but nowhere near Stout style. I used to drink Killians on tap at Magoos in Lakewood when I was stationed at
Ft. Lewis. Pretty good beer to me. I like most beers that are not yellow!

Like Harp is awesome? Try some all malt beers if you're not a hop-head. I make most of mine with my Mr. Beer Kit, but there are mediums, like a nut-brown ale, that have no bitterness in them to speak of. Darker than Newcastle, but nowhere near Stout style. I used to drink Killians on tap at Magoos in Lakewood when I was stationed at
Ft. Lewis. Pretty good beer to me. I like most beers that are not yellow!

Modelo (Mexican) is a yellow beer that I like, particularly when the weather is hot. It makes for a good black and tan with Guiness. I like a lot of kinds of beers, each has its own personality. Although the Belgan stuff does not push my "beer" button at all.

I like a bit of hops. I just don't like it to overwhelm the whole palate.

If I'm only going to have one or two, Harp is a good brew for me but it seems that there is something about it that has me switchng to something else if I'm in a beer-a-thon.

Cheers

Look at that! We stand in the same beer field, defending real flavor, but we defend the fort wholeheartedly against crappy Belgian-style beer! I always felt like Belgium was just France, with less attitude, and better gun makers, but man, do they ever need to get schooled up on good beer!

As much as I detest the superiority in the attitude, the French can build a fine aircraft though (Dassault Falcon Business Jets, NOT Airbus!)

Look at that! We stand in the same beer field, defending real flavor, but we defend the fort wholeheartedly against crappy Belgian-style beer! I always felt like Belgium was just France, with less attitude, and better gun makers, but man, do they ever need to get schooled up on good beer!

As much as I detest the superiority in the attitude, the French can build a fine aircraft though (Dassault Falcon Business Jets, NOT Airbus!)

Yeah I just hate that French arrogance. Don't they know that the U.S. is NUMBER ONE!!! Best county in the world. All the other countries are run by little girls!

Pass the Freedom Fries

So they make a good business jet- so what -we got the best Drones!

Personally I'd love to have a hang-glider with a big rubber band (ultra light)

SEGUE ALERT

I think the saxaphone was invented in Belgian - now there is a horn with some ATTITUDE

and on the topic of attitude.

The points-side camshaft seal on my fresh 750 kitted motor sprung an oil leak yesterday, man that's worse for your attitude than Belgain beer (which is a close second).

Ordered the reed-valve PCV from mikes. I'm thinking those 10.5 Wiseco's may be getting some fuel/air mix past the not-yet-seated rings. I know that may be wishfull thinking but I'm all about doing the easy/cheap fixes first.

I hope the damn cam is centered and the reduced crank pressure will cure my problem.

BTW the Norton folks swear by those one-way crankcase ventilators.

Man, it is always something.

Vote for RoseAnn!

got to go take my meds . . .

Reed valves are supposed to work pretty good, even when the reed breaks off, it still vents! Gets kinda oily though.
Might just be the added volume of turbulent air, and not blow-by. I don't think you can avoid higher case pressure with bigger pistons.
Should be able to do a compression check and verify your ring seating.

Reed valves are supposed to work pretty good, even when the reed breaks off, it still vents! Gets kinda oily though.
Might just be the added volume of turbulent air, and not blow-by. I don't think you can avoid higher case pressure with bigger pistons.
Should be able to do a compression check and verify your ring seating.

My "sole of the boot" test tells me it's got a bunch of compression. Maybe I'll check it when it is time to retorque the head though.

My (recent) reading on the PCV is that it produces a slight negative crankcase pressure, which dramartically reduces oil leaks in the Nortons, and produces a slight HP increase.

I ust want to stop the bleeding.

Does the PCV reed valve provide more square inches/MM of exit space for the positive pressure pulses? Just wondering. I know with drag racing motors, they will install multiple air pumps pulling a negative on the crankcase to help reduce pumping losses, or they used to at one point. It's easy to see how those pistons slinging up and down would create an incredibly chaotic atmosphere inside the cases.

Does the PCV reed valve provide more square inches/MM of exit space for the positive pressure pulses? Just wondering. I know with drag racing motors, they will install multiple air pumps pulling a negative on the crankcase to help reduce pumping losses, or they used to at one point. It's easy to see how those pistons slinging up and down would create an incredibly chaotic atmosphere inside the cases.

I think it is just a one-way valve that flows gasses out when the pistons are coming down but doesn't allow return flow into the crankcase when they go back up. So with a couple of spins of the crank there is pretty much nothing in the cases to compress on the "down" swing. and on the "up" swing the pressure would be negative.

After my inital shock of seeing oil on my fins, I se that the flow is not great. I'm hoping that the PCV valve will cure my woes.

Now that I'm optomistic I'll have a Red and worry about the XS later

I can see that. Negative atospheric pressure of any value in the case should help I suppose. I'm not an engineer, but I play one at work!

but we defend the fort wholeheartedly against crappy Belgian-style beer! do they ever need to get schooled up on good beer!

Maybe the most ill informed statement of all time. Enjoy your Shiner, I'll drink this.

PS- the bottle on the right is Westvleteren 12. Google it.

Attachments

• DSC00626.jpg
    DSC00626.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 75
Maybe the most ill informed statement of all time. Enjoy your Shiner, I'll drink this.

PS- the bottle on the right is Westvleteren 12. Google it.

I've yet to sip any Belgan brew that my taste buds recognized as beer.
Most say "perfume" to me.

Of course any beverge can have its loyal following.

Out of my sense of scientific purity I will sample your selection with the gain on my bias meter turned as low as it will go.

I've yet to sip any Belgan brew that my taste buds recognized as beer.
Most say "perfume" to me.

Of course any beverge can have its loyal following.

Out of my sense of scientific purity I will sample your selection with the gain on my bias meter turned as low as it will go.

DUDE!! That Westvleteren 12 brewery must be made out of RD350 tanks.
That stuff is NINETY DOLLARS A SIX PACK.

Nothing that cost 15 dollars a bottle can be called "beer"

What we need is someone who speaks French to explain to them that BEER is made with BARLEY, not wheat, that's light bread!

That stuff that costs as much as Mobil 1 motorcycle oil might be great, but you won't catch me putting up 15 bones for a bottle of beer. Them's cheap whiskey prices. I don't mind spending a little more for some flavor, but DAMN.

Besides, you gotta hunt that stuff down like a Yeti in Belgium! Probably ain't even gonna find an article about it at the local stop-n-rob.

Shiner may be swill to your delicate tastes.

Try this. this is what I call spendy, but worth it:

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/paulaner-salvator/649/

It is a mere 96 to your stuff's 100 in the ratings, but hey, Even Dale Jr. is 4 points down in the championship (not that I watch) but how about that star power!

Last edited:
What we need is someone who speaks French to explain to them that BEER is made with BARLEY, not wheat, that's light bread!

That stuff that costs as much as Mobil 1 motorcycle oil might be great, but you won't catch me putting up 15 bones for a bottle of beer. Them's cheap whiskey prices. I don't mind spending a little more for some flavor, but DAMN.

Besides, you gotta hunt that stuff down like a Yeti in Belgium! Probably ain't even gonna find an article about it at the local stop-n-rob.

Shiner may be swill to your delicate tastes.

Try this. this is what I call spendy, but worth it:

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/paulaner-salvator/649/
Actually I paid $70 for 2 bottles. Worth every penny. What does a bottle of the world's best whiskey cost? I like good beer, regardless of where it is made. I have paulener in my stash, great brew.

I can make an expensive bottle of whiskey last more than one sitting though! I'm a mobile home kid. "expensive" comes early in the numbers for us!

70 bucks for 2 beers without the company of a near-naked 20 some-thing (working her way through med-school) who is MADLY attracted to you does seem like a questionable entertanment investment.

Why Burnzie, is that a hint of fiscal conservatism? I'm with ya there bud. If I had it like that, I'd be a controversial representative from North Texas! I paid half that for the company of a couple (2) of young ladies in Bogota' in the late 80's.
On Columbia and entertainers, if they put some pictures on the news of Columbian sporting ladies, NOBODY would hold anything against the Secret Service agents!

Bogota' has to have the most (quantity) beautiful women of any place on earth. I highly reccomend it for "sightseeing". The Santa Rosa district is particularly choice.

Back