not getting power to pamco??

walterpunk

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys im pretty sure im not getting power to my pamco. Its a 79 with the ultimate pamco kit, kick only . ive got the bike rigged up for setting the timing before i put in my pma with just a battery . took the wires from the pamco red wire to batt positive, green to coil, black to frame and negative battery terminal to frame.. im a dummy when it comes to electrical stuff so any help would be appreciated.

Hey guys im pretty sure im not getting power to my pamco. Its a 79 with the ultimate pamco kit, kick only . ive got the bike rigged up for setting the timing before i put in my pma with just a battery . took the wires from the pamco red wire to batt positive, green to coil, black to frame and negative battery terminal to frame.. im a dummy when it comes to electrical stuff so any help would be appreciated.

Use a VOM to measure voltage. Connect the negative lead of your meter to bare metal or battery negative terminal.When you turn on the key and the kill switch, confirm that you have battery voltage at one side of the ignition coil (opposite side to the green pamco wire), and at the red wire to the pamco. Don't leave the ignition switch on any longer than needed to do the test.

With the VOM connect the positive lead, to the battery positive terminal, and then connect the negative lead to the pamco black wire connection. Need to check that you have a good ground.

If your bike still has the original fuse panel..................those things can rob you of a lot of voltage.

I am gettin readings when i put negative lead on the negative battery terminal and positive lead to red wire on the pamco. just not from negative battery terminal to the coil opposite the green wire

I am gettin readings when i put negative lead on the negative battery terminal and positive lead to red wire on the pamco. just not from negative battery terminal to the coil opposite the green wire

Your ignition coil has no power to it. Both the Pamco red wire and the ignition coil are normally wired from the same point................that is they both connect to the kill switch. Solution...............find out why you do not have a wire connecting the kill switch to the ignition coil.

Back