Not my style but man I'm impressed

Not my cup of Earl Grey.... I'm more of a old school " Frisco style....I appreciate the workmanship...... I have to fault the exhaust .... I get the impression the little woman can't find the extensions for her Hoover FloorMaster ... 😎

I was just impressed with the execution of all the changes. The triple tree with the mountain bike clamp and bars (I ride mountainbikes), the foot hydraulic clutch, the linkage suspension for the seat.

I get the impression the little woman can't find the extensions for her Hoover FloorMaster ... 😎
1708113327820.jpeg

Ah! You ruined it for me. I can’t unsee it!

Nicely fabricated bike. Not a criticism, and I'd absolutely hate to be accused of negativity, but motorcycle rear suspension on bikes was pretty well universal by the late 1940s early 1950s. So why would anyone want to wind the clock back 70 years on motorcycle design?

Last edited:
Not a criticism, and I'd absolutely hate to be accused of negativity, but motorcycle rear suspension on bikes was pretty well universal by the late 1940s early 1950s. So why would anyone want to wind the clock back 70 years on motorcycle design?
Absolutely agree. Such a shame, in my opinion, that the XS650 is a favourite target of the angle grinder monkeys. One day, there's going to be none left. Sad.

Last edited:
'Horrible' is a negative word when used in that context, I've been advised negativity is not welcome here. We should try to be more 'balanced' with our comments! Oops, sorry forgot to add a LOL.

Last edited:
It is pure aesthetics. Any build like this is all about style. Its personal choice. Just like riding in shorts and converse, it's about how you look. I love the look of some hardtails, might build one myself, but I know it's style not performance.

Absolutely agree. Such a shame, in my opinion, that the XS650 is a favourite target of the angle grinder monkeys. One day, there's going to be none left. Sad.

Far from the truth. This has been said for the last 14 years, on this site, and several years on a previous XS650 site and yet there are, literally, thousands of original/restomod builds on here and every year the calendar has a higher ratio of original bikes compared to other styles.

If you went back 10 years, and were a regular on this site, it was 90% chop, (we are talking about new, Chop, members each day), and hate on standards and even the originalist's were hating on and advocating for all Specials to be chopped up.

Prices have risen to where it is to expensive to buy and chop a good original and there were, and still so many out there that time and EV's will be the death of them before the chop crowd get them all

This one may well be 'artwork' but there a lot of hardtails being used regularly. Another question, how the devil do you ride a bike with a foot clutch and hand shifter? Even Harley dropped that nonsense.

This one may well be 'artwork' but there a lot of hardtails being used regularly. Another question, how the devil do you ride a bike with a foot clutch and hand shifter? Even Harley dropped that nonsense.
I'm sure it's all in good fun. I really don't care what he wears. The bike looks cool and his shorts & gym shoes look stupid. Yeah, I'm being a critic and expressing my opinion.

It's not really a motorcycle. It's artwork. This is just my opinion, but I don't like it with shorts and Converse gym shoes.

Whining and Complaining I remember when there was no custom and chopper parts to be bought
Boys hammered and welded themselves.
Everyone can do their own thing and have different views --Fine by me -- but I still don't like this
I don't see the Aesthetics
No lines adding up fork / sissy / pipes / Hole under the saddle
Lets face it those pipes are weird and someone needs to tell the man.Why so many bends ?
And a Paint Work that could come from a Hairdressers Ford Fiesta
Where is the sparkle / Flake / Motif /Lacing
NO statement .Nothing that would turn head
It does not appear to run properly either
Maybe because the larger displacement and cam don't open up at the low rpm
Rigid frame might not use high RPM

Sorry if this is sending bad vibes but freedom of Speech ..needs the other viewpoint
A lot of fancy complicated fabricating but no Ideas , No Lines No Statement.
I Dont like it
Shorts is OK by me Sneakers not so Much

Whining and Complaining I remember when there was no custom and chopper parts to be bought
Boys hammered and welded themselves.
Everyone can do their own thing and have different views --Fine by me -- but I still don't like this
I don't see the Aesthetics
No lines adding up fork / sissy / pipes / Hole under the saddle
Lets face it those pipes are weird and someone needs to tell the man.Why so many bends ?
And a Paint Work that could come from a Hairdressers Ford Fiesta
Where is the sparkle / Flake / Motif /Lacing
NO statement .Nothing that would turn head
It does not appear to run properly either
Maybe because the larger displacement and cam don't open up at the low rpm
Rigid frame might not use high RPM

Sorry if this is sending bad vibes but freedom of Speech ..needs the other viewpoint
A lot of fancy complicated fabricating but no Ideas , No Lines No Statement.
I Dont like it
Shorts is OK by me Sneakers not so Much
Well said. I agree.

Back