number two xs. question about my 72. trade?

neanderthal

neanderthal
Reaction score
I just picked this guy up in washington today for 700 with a clean title. Just a quick question, what the little trigger for? Is that my electric start? And if it can be removed, what needs to be done? I've never seen this before and still new to bikes. also plan on chopping it, so if anyone in the area wants to do a trade i may be interested i know the older ones are harder to find. i have cash if needed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 104
  • image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 85
  • image-2.jpg
    image-2.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 87
The "trigger" is your decompression lever, it opens one of the engines exhaust valves to make starting a little easier. Yes, you can remove it - but why.?

oh because less is more...i want a clean as possible bars. going for a bobber look. thanks for the info. i do feel bad when i think about ripping this guy apart. I just cant buy a bike and ride it, i have to make it my own first. i cant explain it. so my bike has a starter, first year i believe, but no starter button? is it located somewhere else then the thumb push location?

The lever is also the starter. There is an electric switch incorporated into it. When you pull it it releases the compression and energizes the starter circuit. They only used it on a couple of years and is unique to the XS2 and maybe the TX650 (73). It looks like the bike is in good shape. You should be able to sell it to someone who may be interested in restoring it. There are many others out there to bob but not many early one to restore. Take a look at my photo's in my profile you may reconsider and decide to restore.

that's a beautiful bike, stock color? Great choice if not. I would restore it, but lack of money and skill makes me think otherwise. ill get a battery in it tomorrow and see if i can get it to fire.

yeah i think so too...maybe i can make a suicide type lever mounted on the frame near the tank instead...i just might do that.

Back